Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 3717 times)

Offline Todd75

• Confirmed
Brakes
« on: April 03, 2015, 03:04:33 PM »
HI...I have had some serious troubles (ALL MY FAULT) with my Smart pie 4 set-up. My wire from the controller\hub got damaged by the tire rubbing on it causing a spark and smoke show. I have replaced many pieces but there was always unseen damage in 1 or more of the original parts causing another smoke show. My main question is...Will the throttle function if there is no cruise control or brakes connected to the unit?  Thanks                                                                                                                                                             
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:56:46 AM by Todd75 »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Brakes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:58 PM »
Yes, the throttle should still work correctly with the cruise control and brakes unplugged.

Having experienced what can happen when wires are shorted you might want to ensure that the 4 wires on the motor harness for reverse and pedelec, and the 4 wires on the control harness for the horn and headlamp, are all safely insulated from each other (if they are not already fitted with connectors) to prevent any more unwanted short circuits.

I hope you get your wiring sorted soon.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:46:46 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Todd75

• Confirmed
Re: Brakes
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:55:51 AM »
Yes you were correct. I'm happy to be rolling again. Thanks Alan.