General Category > General Discussions

GM Battery

<< < (3/5) > >>

Leslie:
The loss of capacity over usage is inevitable.

800 cycles is worst case scenario and an honest advertisment.  With my SLA 300 cycles is worst case scenario, but I still manage to get 600~700 cycles from them before I consider them useless. Because I only discharge them to 50% they last twice as long.

If I rode once a day these SLA's could last me 2 years.

You may only discharge your batteries to only 50% too, just because of the weight of lead my bike uses a lot of power on take offs.  So the GM battery could well hold up to 1600 cycles.

If you rode once a day, the GM battery could well last you nearly 4+ years.  Now thats good in terms of pricing especially when you put the cool accessories into the mix like the aluminium housing and BMS..

Bikemad:

--- Quote from: 317537 on January 15, 2010, 06:00:28 AM ---If you rode once a day, the GM battery could well last you nearly 4+ years.  Now thats good in terms of pricing especially when you put the cool accessories into the mix like the aluminium housing and BMS..

--- End quote ---

.. and not forgetting the charger, key switch/lock, charging socket,  plug in power cable and the added convenience of a built in carrying handle.

All it needs now is a built in light sensitive LED rear light and reflector unit.

Alan

GM Brazil:
Thanks you all!!

It is a fact that the LiFePO4 have less energy density then the LiMn, looks for the e-bikekit LiFePO4's, they use the same convenient aluminium casing, but as they are LFP's the maximum you can find is the 36v 10Ah, and the package inside is tight!

Do you recommend installing a fuse in the power line? In my case is a LFP4812s working with an MP, a 30 A fuse would be ideal?

Thanks again!

GM Canada:

--- Quote from: Bikemad on January 13, 2010, 11:34:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: GM Brazil on January 13, 2010, 10:38:10 PM ---The Mn batteries are dangerous about explosions and etc?

--- End quote ---

The Lithium Manganese batteries that GM use are not dangerous like Lithium Polymer:

--- Quote ---The Lithium Manganese battery chemistry is different to that used in standard Lithium ion and Lithium polymer batteries, which usually come with a Cobalt cathode and are prone to thermal runaway - ie explosion and fire.
Manganese, unlike Cobalt, is a safe and more environmentally benign cathode material.
If you're buying a Lithium powered electric bike from someone else, ask the retailer about battery safety and life expectancy - if they cannot guarantee that they use Lithium Manganese and don't understand the importance of a reliable, well-engineered battery management system, our advice is simple: don't buy!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Golden Motor ---Lithium ion rechargeable battery, 26650 size, LiPF6 electrolyte, Manganese Spinel structure cathode.
--- End quote ---

Hopefully that's put your mind at ease.

Alan

--- End quote ---

Can I quote you on that, Seems like the best easy to understand description I have heard so far. Check the link..

http://www.goldenmotor.ca/index.php?pr=Lithium_Maganese&nosessionkill=1

Gary

Wheels:
Can anyone confirm the max continuous C ratings for the GM batteries.  the website says max cont C of 20 amps for the 48v 12 ah, but the posting above indicates the pack is built with a max cont C of 2.5  (built with 4 ah cells and a max cont of 10amps).  And I can't quite figure the weight of these.  There are reports of anywhere from 5.23 kg to 5.5 kg, but is that for the 36v 10ah or the larger watthours packs like the 48V 12ah or 36V 16 ah?.
Maybe someone has some realworld experience out there that can shed some light?
Thanks
Trevor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version