Author Topic: pinging noise  (Read 38629 times)

Offline Draggin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: pinging noise
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »
my electric bike I hope Phillip is at sales @ gopldenmotor,com.  cause thats where I sent the email thanks for the help.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 03:58:07 AM »
Actually it is sales@goldenmotor.com. Did Philip respond?

Offline Draggin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »
Not yet.  I would expect that he is a very busy guy.  He may have to read my email many times and follow up reading this thread before he even knows what the heck I'm talking about.  I'm sure he is familliar with the problem by now though.  I had it out for a spin and it is much much better than it was.  When you pedal it like a regular bike there is no detectible drag now.  I didn't know they were like this.  I may be the only one who has one that is half arse straight.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
It is discouraging but I have not yet gotten up enough determination to ask Philip if these kits are being constructed with factory seconds that failed some sort of quality test that kept them from being distributed in the PRC. Every single kit I have has one quality issue or another which would cause me as a line inspector to pull it off the line and send it to that area at the end of the line where any defects or quality issues are attended to and repaired instead of dumping on buyers located in another country, where they could not find me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 10:58:45 PM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 09:58:00 PM »
 You should ask period. As for kits sent here, they should be double checked because of the distance!!! :o

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:04 PM »
Sorry, my plan is to discover the facts through osmosis. Either that or a trip to China. I do not want to embarrass Philip. He has been very nice to me, but is not the only owner.

Offline Draggin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:57 AM »
Thanks for taking my intrests to heart.  I think you understand alot.  I took my bike for a 5km twist this aft.  I found that the tick I heard was comming from was the brake touching the rim.  The axle is relatively straight now so I guess the rim has the wobble now.  Easy to fix.  Holidays are over and I start back on nights tomorrow.  I want to get another 1300km on this thing before the snow flies.   

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 03:06:52 AM »
In that case I hope it does not matter if Philip fails to respond. I guess you are like everyone else who has purchased a kit through the website in being at Philip's mercy or availability of time. Great you had a machinist who could help out. Maybe its coincidence or the luck of the stars.