Author Topic: Foxx LiFePo4 pricing  (Read 24252 times)

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Foxx LiFePo4 pricing
« on: August 10, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »
 I emailed Zane at Foxx Batteries and here is response:
       Thank you for your interest in Foxx Power.

Our Prices are as follows:
                                        Foxx 36v10a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $362.00
                                        Foxx 36v20a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $674.00
                                        Foxx 36v30a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $986.00

Foxx 48v10a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $491.00
                                        Foxx 48v20a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $904.00
                                        Foxx 48v30a Pak w/Cheetah charger & BMS SHIPPED        $1323.00

Prices above are quoted for Shipment within the USA, 4 Year Warranty.
Our 36V Foxx Paks are made of Pure LiFePo4 based(16) cells, 3.15-3.2v with new
Wolf BMS/Charger technology-integrated for higher-then-rated capacities and performance..

Please visit the www.AtenEnergy.biz site for Specifications.

Regards,

Zane Tatum

Aten Energy-Foxx Power
Email: zane@FoxxPower.com
12120 Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066 United States
Phone: (310) 572-1065
Cell: (310) 806-3762
Fax: (310) 397-4408
Laptop (310)-256-4588

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
Re: Foxx LiFePo4 pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:53:26 PM »
I have been in contact with him for a few weeks. I ordered the 36v 10ah. He says it is almost equivalent of a 20ah SLA because of the effeciency of the LiFePO4. This battery technology is the way to go. Very cost effective.

I am pretty sure he told me 3 year warranty though.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:18:02 PM by erdurbin »

Offline dlantz

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »
I went to the web page, but couldn't find specific information on the max amperage. Did they provide a max amperage that the BMS allows?

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 02:12:10 AM »
 You can call or email Zane and ask for more information, he answered my email in less than 1 business day. As I say you can never get any info if you don't ask!!! :) :)

dray

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 03:23:39 PM »
If anyone gets theirs please post information on them. I would like to try out a set as long as they can pull the amps needed.

www.ampedbikes.com
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »
He told me I should get mine in 3-4 weeks. I will post pics and my watts up meter readings.

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »
btw, dray, your site is jacked up in IE and Mozilla, may want to check it out.

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 04:15:30 PM »
I think the picture on dray's site is supposed to look like that :o

The 3 or 4 folks on Endless Sphere forums who have been in touch with Zane have positive things to report.  Either he is the genuine article or a real smooth talking swindler :D

dray

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 11:23:18 PM »
Yeah, I jacked up the html while at work and I didnt have the backup page until this morning at the shop.

Do you have a link to anyone who has tried them?

www.ampedbikes.com
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:45 PM »
I do not, he actually told me that I was one of the first to contact him on an individual basis for an ebike pack. On endless sphere, there is another guy that was talking about a pack he ordered a few days before I did. He got a 48volt 20ah. Nice chunk of change. So we might be the first two to get packs from the forums.

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 11:43:13 PM »
Yeah, sorry.  That was their initial impressions after talking with them.  Erdurbin is probably among the first buyers.

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 12:16:47 AM »
Yeah, I am taking one for the team. The way I see it, SLA cost about $75 - $100 each time you have to replace if you buy them locally, or maybe a little cheaper plus shipping online. Mine are 12ah and they already have reduced their capacity to around 8-9ah (in only one month). I use these almost daily to commute to work (4 miles one way). I come home for lunch and go back on the bike as well sometimes. Then I return back home, so 16 miles with 3 recharges almost everyday have done a number on my SLA pack.

My new LiFePO4 pack cost me around $350 for 10ah (almost equivalent to 20ah SLA) and an 8 amp charger. If I get even the same cycle life as SLA, I have at least the benefit of a 15 lb. pack instead of a 30 lb. pack. From what I have read, the recharge cycles are over 1000, so this method has a higher upfront cost, but cheaper than the bricks in the long run. Plus, I can sustain high drain rates while going uphill.

The maximum drain rate I will have will be 3C. Since the max being reported at 30amp drain, my pack is 10ah, equaling 3C. (This is only for those that do not know what a "C" rating is.) With this drain being so low, I think the pack will do great over the next couple years.

No fire risk and a BMS included, we need more to jump on this wagon. I hope I am not eating my words, but with a 3 year warranty provided by Foxx, I am not worried about a cell going dead. Like I said earlier, I will try to provide as much info as I can about this once it is in my hands.

dray

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »
The minute you have 50 miles on it I'll buy 2 sets of 36V 20ah or 36V 10ah for the wife and myself.

Only reason I am waiting is that I ordered a bunch of Lipoly's a few years back from China and they didnt perform as they were labeled and I ended up with a bunch "o" junk.

For some odd reason 1/2 of the packs expanded before ever being used. They were in a plastic looking foil pack and they blew up like balloons. The ones that did work were simply given away at the local RC flying park.

www.ampedbikes.com
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 05:14:16 AM »
You don't want LiPos. You have to be careful that if you are told they are LiFePo4 they may be LiPos instead. Check out YouTube and Google videos for LiPo pack exploding when they are overcharged. It takes a while for the explosion to occur although you can see the packs expanding but when they go they could be used as very expensive IED or rocket engine.

LiPo explosion lab
LiPo explosion field
LiPosacks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:16:55 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 10:21:06 PM »
  ....and we all wonder why the EV community is shunned by the rest of the world. One small mistake(such as battery explosions for using the wrong chemistry in batteries) leaves an indullable image in the public and can set the whole thing back decades or even forever.
   If you doubt me, just look at the hydrogen community. If you mention hydrogen to most people they automatically thing about the HINDENBURG incidend, even considering not many people were hurt or killed compared to other natural disasters such as eathquakes or hurricanes.    P.S. Toyota recently decided to delay the introduction of lithium based batteries to allow more time for testing.(they do not want any exploding car batteries on their hands)