Author Topic: Anyone have a clue what this motor is maybe one of you knows !  (Read 19072 times)

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Anyone have a clue what this motor is maybe one of you knows !
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
Hi Gary and all
So you are saying you never checked it ........
You belive what the Mfg says !
If thats the case you would never need to buy a Cycle Analist !
Because we could just belive what they all say with no contradiction !
so your speed measurement is using that too...
is that more acurate than GPS ?
You a more than likely angry now  (sorry if you are )
I had that same mind set until I bought GM products ( so I bought more test  equipment  to put my mind 100% )

John L

Please. I'm not angry at all, what could there possibly be to be mad about? Its just the logic is getting a little silly. I have 3 bikes with Cycle Analyst's Installed on them (was 4 until last week). They all same thing. Also yes the speed does match my GPS and I also use a cyclometer app in my Iphone which also confirms it as well. I guess you are right and they are all wrong and the thousands of people that use stand alone cycle analyst are all wrong to. Its amazing how many years people have been using them and finally someone that doesn't even own one has pointed out they are inaccurate.

Offline E-caveman

• Confirmed
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
Amish quiche if I ever saw it. :]
why is Magic Pie the only provider of wide multi-voltages like a genius,
and has no high torque motor like geared or mid-mount for us mountain-bikers?

Offline MonkeyMagic

• Cheeky Chimp
  • Technical Officer
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
Amish quiche if I ever saw it. :]
why is Magic Pie the only provider of wide multi-voltages like a genius,
and has no high torque motor like geared or mid-mount for us mountain-bikers?

Sorry but Monkey needs to point you out to these:

Available from www.goldenmotor.ca

:D

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 06:00:47 AM »
The magic controllers and internal controller wont melt your motor.  But if you want to run a single MP motor with it's full power you need to go up to a 12 fet controller.

The on resistance of a 6 fet controller is going to be lacking in the phase currents department. 

A full modded internal controller, got me 50 amps at mid RPM slow off the mark, but 50 amps on a 12 fet controller almost flips the bike upside down if you don't lean forward on the take offs or program it properly, and a 18 fet or 24 fet controller will burn your motor out easliy if youre not careful.

The internal controllers are perfect starting point for people who are new to Ebiking

The internal controllers would have struggle hard to hurt most good batteries and would fail to burn an MP's windings..

It is a lot of hard work and an one requires to master the learning curb to get the best out of these MP motors.

The 20' should be a good performer on the 6 fet controller.  Some are having a few power adjustment problems with the torque on a 20" Pie using 12 fet controllers,  too much torque and they are almost falling off their 20" bikes using a touchy throttle that springs the bike off the mark.  The six fet internal controller should strike a good balance of power and speed for the smaller rims.

Bring it on