Author Topic: A little help, please, with an external Cruise controller  (Read 3438 times)

Offline mr-motorvator

A little help, please, with an external Cruise controller
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:53:30 PM »
I'm using an external MP controller with a Cyclone BLDC motor, but I'm stuck!

When I power the controller I hear 'click' from the horn every ~2 seconds, but the motor does not turn at any throttle position.

I am using just a twist grip throttle - no pedal sensor - and my motor has Hall sensors.  I have 'programmed' it to 36V (battery measures 38V) and set a 20Amp current limit.

I have checked that the motor coils have no breaks, and the Hall sensors are switching as I turn the motor.

Do I have to connect any other wires: I have throttle, power, motor and sensors only.

Thanks for your help!

Offline DirtyGinge

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • Im just trying to find my niche.3 e-bikes is fine
Re: A little help, please, with an external Cruise controller
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »
is there a different angle on the sensors ?, might be worth googling ?

have you tried to disconnect the halls completely, then spin the cyclone ( watch fingers) , then throttle...sensorless on the controller works great, but you got to be moving the motor first for about 1 second before it kicks in, with halls not connected.....if they are wrong, you can rule it out by not having the connector plugged in at all....did 200Miles plus recently on an external with no halls connected...purfect
Infineon lyen edition 12 Fet
Goldenmotor Magic pie rear ....2000 Watt peak
oh yea.....Im too fat :)...but cute, oh yea, im cute

Offline LOLO

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • greenlocation.fr
Re: A little help, please, with an external Cruise controller
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:14:16 PM »
Your throttle is a golden motor ?
A other possibility is a degre on the controller program 120 or 90...
You have this bip every 2 second when you twist throttle or just with battery power on ?