Author Topic: connecting with the controller Magic Pie IV  (Read 656 times)

Offline ElectricStreet

• Confirmed
connecting with the controller Magic Pie IV
« on: February 01, 2024, 09:59:47 AM »
I just finished installing a new Magic Pie IV vector control motor on a cruiser.  I downloaded the software from the Golden Motor website and extracted the compressed files in my laptop.  I connected the USB cable into the wire harness on the bike and opened  the device manager to see what com port it was connected.  The com port was  COM 3 on my computer and in the box in the configuration.  When I clicked on the blue helmet I paused and "time out" came up on the screen.  Then nothing happened when I turned on the bike electricity.  This is the Magic Pie IV that was going to be separated and put into a Magic Pie III wheel.   So it was hit with a impact hammer to try to split and I think hitting it like so was not good.  The controller is dust.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:55:59 AM by ElectricStreet »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: connecting with the controller Magic Pie IV
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 12:19:00 AM »
If you have definitely selected the correct COM port relating to the USB-SERIAL CH340 device in Device Manager, then try clicking the "blue helmet" again after the power is turned on to see if it will connect.

It might be worth downloading and installing the USB Driver to see if it makes any difference.

Alan