Author Topic: Swapping RIMS to take 2.10`  (Read 3952 times)

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
Swapping RIMS to take 2.10`
« on: May 04, 2010, 07:03:35 AM »
is it possible to swap the RIM over so I can use my 2.10` Tires ?

I have  Mavic 221

any how just getting all the answers I can before purchase

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Swapping RIMS to take 2.10`
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:20:57 AM »
As long as the spoke count is right and nipples seats are all very close to a normal rim I don't see why not.

I have a 26" x 3" tire on one of my standard alloy rim.

Its a bit of fiddle, omg ahhh to get it set on the rim right.  But once shes on it works fine.

One thing I noticed.  My heavy SLA's like to bend big bag tires on the corners.  Smaller bags are a lot more sturdy going fast around sharp corners.

Maybe I'll feel different when I change to a lighter lithium pack.

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
Actually.

Ive tried bike shop tires, tires from K'mart (cheap wall mart) and they all looked awesome.  Most lucky to last a few months.

The tire that has lived the longest and does the best job has been the original GM tire.

Most people, like myself, looked at this tire and changed right a way calling them cheezy. ;D

Tens of thousands of KM's later, on a bike pulling 34kg of lead, a bulky MTB steel frame and trailers upon trailer of shopping I am still using the original GM tire and she has some good life left in it too.

Edit:

Unfortunately the rim the GM HBS36R came with lasted a day.  I repaired it but I couldnt make it work. 

The MP rims are awesome.  I use a deep well single wall alloy rim just like it. Solid as a rock.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:36:31 AM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:49:20 AM »
Cheers for that

because another E-Bike  provider took so long to swap over their 700c RIM that they wrongly shipped out for an 26" RIM I desided to pull apart an old bike to borrow its RIM ,,, in the end I could not get the spokes to fit .. guess 700c spokes in an 26" rim is a bit impossible ... *sigh* if I knew their replacement RIM was going to take so long I would have just gone into the bike shop to get them to make something ....

guessing all I am dealing with is an middle man that takes the money and all support ends their ...
warning do not use Electric Transport Australia .. they knew I needed the RIM before the next weekend .. and said they could ... 2 weeks later they admitted they had not shiped it yet .. 2 weeks later no reply back to any emails regarding ETA or Refund or RIM !!! I can only assume being shipped from 3rd party provider in China ...

ps

I apaologize if its against the rules to bash another company  and Mod please do remove the name if this is the case (A)