Author Topic: Controller differences and compatability  (Read 5550 times)

Offline Andrew

• AKA The Artful Bodger
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
  • I'm here to learn.
Controller differences and compatability
« on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
is the BAC-0282P 48V/50A controller - usually used with the 1000w HBS motor compatable with the PIE?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Controller differences and compatability
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »
is the BAC-0282P 48V/50A controller - usually used with the 1000w HBS motor compatable with the PIE?

I'm pretty sure that all of the GM hubmotors with external controllers (mini, HSB and Magic Pie) all use the same controllers, and I'm guessing that they also use the same main wiring harness and motor connections etc. too.

Hopefully Gary can confirm this for us.

Alan

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 02:10:57 AM »

I'm pretty sure that all of the GM hubmotors with external controllers (mini, HSB and Magic Pie) all use the same controllers, and I'm guessing that they also use the same main wiring harness and motor connections etc. too.

Hopefully Gary can confirm this for us.

Alan

I believe that to be correct. The controller is the same for all. I ship the same controller with the Mini, HBS and EXTernal Magic Pies. I can only assume the internal controller is the same as well. I don't think it would be different

Gary

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:43:55 AM »
Gary, do you have a supply of extra connectors for the controllers? If so how much and if not do you know where I can get them? (I tried radio shack, but to no avail). 

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
The complete wiring harness is available on my site.You get all the wires plus a battery plug in one kit.

Gary
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:38:37 AM by Bikemad »