Author Topic: That is a lots of cable .....  (Read 11702 times)

Offline Lewis Balentine

• Confirmed
Re: That is a lots of cable .....
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
Thank you allan.  I might have caught some of those errors if I had the physical cable harness in front of me but such was not the case. I will update my files and and the attachments above as well (no benefit in having bad data laying around). ---- revised---

It is interesting to see the four 'unused' pins in the main connector and would be more interesting to know if there are any wires attached to them. I plan on physically dissecting the harness and later the motor cable. When that is done I will do a full wiring diagram with color coding. I am hoping to find leads on the unused pins so that I can use two to move the display connector.

By the way what file format do you prefer to have ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:32:20 PM by Lewis Balentine »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
Hi Lewis,

Regarding the unused wires/terminals, it would make sense to have the reverse function available on the main control harness and also a lighting feed through the main harness to the rear light (on the rear motors) to eliminate additional wiring going from front to rear.
Doubling up the battery feed and ground wires would also make better use of the unused wires provided that a 10 core cable is actually used.

As far as file format goes I can work with most standard file types. I use Paint.net for the majority of my *.jpg drawings and TurboCad for the more involved (or accurately detailed) CAD drawings, which can also import AutoCad *.Dwg files etc.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:52:49 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Lewis Balentine

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 10:01:13 PM »
Considering meniscal power usage of a LED rear light, I would think something along the line of "always on" if the battery is on makes sense. For me that would mean incorporating it in the back of the flat pack battery and wired directly to the power switch. I can see the logic of ruining it to the motor power cable for a rear mount motor. I have a small CRE torch that attaches to the handle bars. It is a simple solution to the problem and provides a handy light if one encounters other problems.

All this will be mute if I find only six leads in the cable. :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 01:32:16 AM by Lewis Balentine »

Offline Lewis Balentine

• Confirmed
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
Just got my well packed box from Golden Motors Canada (Thank you Gary).

There are 8 (eight) color code leads in the main 10 pin cable: Red, Black, White, Blue, Yellow, Green, Orange, Gray.
Now I need to find something small enough to use as a test pin in the female connector ..... where did I put those sewing needles ????
I also may need to breakout the microscope  :D

Offline Aeberbach

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:04 PM »
Great info while I have been busy with other things... I got my Alivio 7-spd rear derailleur, fabricated a hanger for it, installed the shifter etc. - I am really enjoying the ride, so fast and easy. I just need to switch up to a larger chainring at the crank because I can't pedal fast enough to keep up with a fresh battery :-)

My big bag of connectors is still untouched. But looking at the big lump in the cable closest to the hub - I think I'm going to leave it there. Very likely there is some hardware under that plastic and it would be very hard to expose without damage.