Author Topic: Cycle analyst v3 with bac 28x controllers  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Micha

• Confirmed
Cycle analyst v3 with bac 28x controllers
« on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »
Hi all,

I've been reading through the cycle analyst manuals and was wondering if the amp limits set with the golden motor software is still maintained or overruled when you've set a higher value with the Cycle analyst v3.

I only see that the throttle control has to be connected from the cycle analyst to the controller, so I assume it's not overruled(?). (Page 18 in this manual link: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=145397&sid=c64dacc5d5e69df62dca56c504d696bf)

Thanks,

Micha
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:15:18 PM by Micha »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Cycle analyst v3 with bac 28x controllers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
The throttle override function on the Cycle Analyst only allows it to reduce the available throttle to restrict the current, it cannot therefore produce additional power.

The early Cycle Analyst required a 330 ohm resistor to be fitte into the throttle signal wire as well as shorting out resistor R6 inside the Cycle Analyst:

The switch is optional, but it enables the Cycle Analyst throttle override to be connected or disconnected to quickly swap between restricted speed/power and unrestricted speed/power.

I don't know if this is the same for Version 3, but Gary (GM Canada) should be able to confirm what is needed.

The original solution to the Cycle Analyst problem can be seen here.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:14:55 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Micha

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »
Thanks for your reply Alan!

So i've upgraded the bike and switched the 902 mini and wattmeter for a HBS motor and Cycle Analyst V3.

The only thing I can't get working is the PAS pedelec sensor.
I have a 12 pole Kingmeter (http://www.king-meter.com/products.php?action=detail&id=27) connected to the CA and it indicates that it's working correctly (also did the 5V mod on the CA), as the led flashes when the magnet disc is rotating forward (http://www.king-meter.com/upload/files/SSP-DH.pdf), but I get no throttle response.

I need the PAS to make a street legal preset.

Also checked if the wiring to the CA is correct.

The setup I have now:
Connected to controller BAC 028X:
- Hub motor
- Cycle Analyst v3 (Throttle wire)
- 2 -button cruise controller switch (red-green) from GM, where red is connected to cruise, and green the connected to ebrake.

Connected to CA3:
- PAS sensor (5V taken from CA pcb potentiometer)
- Wheel pickup speed sensor
- Controller BAC 028X

Any ideas what I can check next?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »
Check out this post for more information about using a variable voltage pedelec sensor with the Cycle Analyst.

Alan

Offline Micha

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
It's fixed, don't know exactly what the reason for not working was, but after playing with the CA settings, the PAS works now  ;D