Author Topic: Does any one know anything about this type of controller ?  (Read 4475 times)

Offline Yoma

• Confirmed
Does any one know anything about this type of controller ?
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:56:55 PM »

Saw this controller that Im assuming its made in china or japan ( writing being the giveaway :P ) but what I want to know is what its capable of when a running a 36v 180watt hub motor , and whether its possible to run it reverse  etc

I know its long shot , but thought id try.

thanks

yoma

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Does any one know anything about this type of controller ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 09:40:47 AM »
It'll easily handle your 180W motor, since the 36V version is rated at 612W (36V x 17A). A quick google found nothing related except from that same website. Perhaps they've re-branded it.

As for reverse, I would hazard not. These controllers are presumably for Trikkes, which, at 46 pounds including battery, you should be able to lift and turn without too much difficulty. I doubt reverse is a big issue in Trikkeworld. Best thing is to contact the retailer and ask him (i'm so clever some days :) ).

Have to say, that little Trikky thingy looks like a blast. But at $2200? Really?
:o
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:46:10 AM by truly_bent »
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties

Offline Kirk

• Confirmed
  • Its not bragging, if you can do it.
    • Cape Foulweather
Re: Does any one know anything about this type of controller ?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
I don't think they do reverse. If you're looking for a cheap controller other then GM's try China Green Tech. You can pick up a 36V with reverse and regen from them for about $35. I have one of their 24 MOSFET 96V 5000W controllers on my Catrike Expedition for $125.
I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, YOUR EGO, COUNTY  WIDE POWER OUTAGES, BLOWN PARTS, SPONTANEOUSLY GENERATED MINI (OR LARGER) BLACK HOLES, PLANETARY DISRUPTIONS, OR PERSONAL  INJURY THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF ANYTHING I FIX OR SAY.