Author Topic: Smart Pie 3 loses settings without battery after some time?  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Davidmnz

• Confirmed
Smart Pie 3 loses settings without battery after some time?
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:22 PM »
I had the bike at a shop for a new crank for a total of about 68 hours without the battery. When I got it back I noticed a lack of regen braking so I checked the settings and all had returned to factory defaults. Does the controller lose settings after some time without power connected? If so, how long will it retain settings without power?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie 3 loses settings without battery after some time?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »
The controller shouldn't lose the programmed settings, but it's not the first time I have heard about it happening.

Perhaps if the bike shop had spun the wheel fast enough (maybe while checking the chain/gear operation with the new chainwheel) it might be possible that the high voltage generated by the spinning motor could have had something to do with it.

Put the settings back where you had them before and wait and see if it happens again. If it does, then the controller might have to be replaced to cure the problem.

Alan

Offline Davidmnz

• Confirmed
Re: Smart Pie 3 loses settings without battery after some time?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:31:54 PM »
Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if the bike shop did something to make the controller forget settings. The losers bent the pins and cracked the shell of the throttle connector. Must have accidentally unplugged it and then tried to ram it back together. Monkeys. Never going back to that shop again.