General Category > Electric/Hybrid Car Conversion

VEC500

<< < (3/3)

Nuxland:

--- Quote from: Schossi on May 30, 2015, 04:27:20 PM ---After that, I connected it to the controller and measured the Voltage of the throttle.
It is 0

Then I measured the Voltage of the Supply of the throttle and it is also 0.
I think it has to be 5V, or does the controller set it to 0 after he gets a "wrong" value of the throttle?

Lukas

--- End quote ---

I tested my VEC500 how it acts when throttle is pushed down when I enable controller.
There was 14 blinks in the controller led, but red wire still outputed 5V. When I released the throttle led blinking stopped and when I pressed throttle again motor spinned. My throttle outputs is 0,2V when not pressed and 4,1V when pressed to the floor.
When I bought the controller my throttle did not move a motor at all and led blinked 12 times. Then I disabled this "Throttle voltage range protection"
Here is my throttle parameters in controller software, mybe it will help you somehow :)

Red wire from controller should output always 5V as I know. But controller should be turned on at first also.

Lucfer1501:
Hi there,

I know this is an old topic, but since I had similar issues and managed to solve it, I figured I would post it here for others to see.

The issue:

Turn on controller with throttle controller and Hall sensors connected: 5 Blinks  ->
-> Turn rotor by hand a little bit and the 5 Blinks stop. ->
-> Try to acelerate the motor with throttle. It spins a little and stops every time or the five blinks come back.

Turn on the controller without the throttle and with hall sensors connected: 14 Blinks
Turn on controller without hall sensors and with throttle connected: 5 Blinks

Solution:

I know it sounds stupid, but testing the Hall sensors outputs to the controler I found out it was a faulty connection on one of the hall sensors cable. Which means I was trying to run the motor with only two hall sensors.

Since the patern of hall sensors is 120ยบ, and with one of the hall sensors LOW, eventually we had a binary code 000 (every hall sensor Low). This goes against the 120 degrees logic. Thats why the controller stops the motor after a little spin and gives the 5 Blinks.

So, basically just use remake the connections of the "DJ7091Y-2.3-11/21" connector with a new connector of your choice.
Everything was working again after I reconnected the hall sensors.

Hope it helps someone,

Lucas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version