Author Topic: Magic pie tuned to 1500W : Do I face the risk of radiation on cancer ?  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Hi All,

I'm the proud owner of a Magic pie electric motor tuned to 1500W. I paired it with the ecrazy controller.
Both are a dream combination as far as performance and reliability.
I'm still left with the concern that I'm sitting 10" above a 1500w source of radiation.
Do I risk cancer ? Were any measurements taken on the Magic Pie ?  Is it radiation certified ?

Offline MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Magic Pie tuned to 1500W : Do I face the risk of radiation on cancer ?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
I don't think the MP3 produces such radiation that causing cancer.
We are in living in a wireless community, so everywhere there are radiation.......

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 10:42:28 AM »
I don't think the MP III produces such radiation that causing cancer.
We are in living in a wireless community, so everywhere there are radiation.......
I would be happy to receive a more accurate answer backed up by measurements.

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:37:24 PM »
I think that would be impossible.
Because GM don't use Ecrazy controller? and everyone use different combinations of hardware.

So I think you should measure by yourself?

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
Hi Avant.....

I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but you are wasting your time worrying about getting cancer from your Pie.

EM wavelength is the speed of light divided by the signal frequency.  As frequency goes down, wavelength increases. The Magic Pie power pulses are in the kilohertz range. 

To efficiently radiate electromagnetic signals, the transmitting antenna is required to be a significant fraction of the wavelength to be broadcast.  The  kilohertz waves are miles long.  The wiring of your Pie would make an extremely poor radiator of the kilohertz waves from the current pulses through your motor.  And your body makes a comparably bad receiving antenna.  Feel free to purchase your own test equipment and prove me correct.   

If you are really worried about danger, WHF are you doing riding an electric bike!  Or any bike, for that matter.   Do you have any clue how many people are injured riding bikes?  I think there were 30,000 traffic fatalities in just the US last year!  In nice safe cars that don't tip over all by themselves! 

Now go have a nice long ride and start worrying about real problems.  Like water pollution, climate change, the food chain, ........

TTFN,
Dennis

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
Also everyone face a risk of cancer even when you don't ride a Magic Pie 3 bike :o :-*

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
Dennis
After getting your reply, I don't think I need to buy my own measurement equipment :-)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:05:30 PM by Avantgarder »

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
Dennis;
Gotta compliment you on that frequency blerb. I learned something from it. Sounds like you've paid your dues in that field.

If you are really worried about danger, WHF are you doing riding an electric bike! Or any bike, for that matter. Do you have any clue how many people are injured riding bikes?

Not sure your sales technique will have Avantgarder buying any more GM bike parts though. ;)

Jeff
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties

Offline Avantgarder

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 07:07:54 PM »
This is the best ebike motor in the world. Period.
I'll buy another one :-)

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
There ya go. Another convert to The Cause ;)
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties