Author Topic: **SOLVED** Broken controller or broken me?  (Read 6332 times)

Offline Olmen

**SOLVED** Broken controller or broken me?
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:40:31 PM »
Hi guys.

I originally started a thread about my ebike problems a while ago but the problem has kind of changed now so I thought i'd start this thread to keep on topic.

I have a "Magic Controller" and a motor from conhismotor, which is essentially the same as the GM motors. I've had a lot of problems getting the controller to work properly and now I fear it's broken altogether, but maybe you could help me figure this out.

I haven't wired the hall sensors at all, so there's only three phase wires going to the motor from the controller. When I put the controller in 60 deg mode, the motor worked and the wheel was spinning like never before. BUT something has happened.

Now, when I hit the throttle, the wheel will just stutter for a while and will not turn at all. I tried giving it speed by hand, I tried different combinations of connecting the phase wires but it's still a no-go. When I check the voltage coming out of the three phase terminals on the controller, only the middle one gives any voltage. The other two have some, but it's very weak (under 1 V). The middle terminal will go up to about 10v, hold for a few seconds and then cut it out completely.

Today, I got a small pc-speaker and hooked it up to the controller, expecting to hear some beeps of a possible malfunction, but the controller is completely silent. However, I still can hook it up to the computer using the USB-interface.

So I'm at lost for words here. I don't know how to proceed :-/ Luckily, I bought the controller from a local dealer so I will most likely not have a problem getting it replaced. But it's always a hazzle with these things. So I thought i'd ask  you experts for your opinions! There seems to be a lot of really smart people at this forum. Can any of you give me any clue to how I should proceed? IS there still something I can try out, or should I just get the controller replaced?

Best regards

Olle
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:18:37 AM by Olmen »

Offline TOM

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: Broken controller or broken me?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »
Please send an e-mail to : zhourenli@goldenmotor.com

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »
Please send an e-mail to : zhourenli@goldenmotor.com

I thought you changed your email address to tom@goldenmotor.com

Which one should we use?

Gary

Offline Olmen

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »
Problem solved. (Evidently, I was the one who was broken (and I blame my insomnia for it =) )

Offline matt

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »
Problem solved. (Evidently, I was the one who was broken (and I blame my insomnia for it =) )

How did you fix it?