Author Topic: Throttle Issues  (Read 7954 times)

Offline ecyclist

Throttle Issues
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:40:21 AM »
I just recently installed my golden motor kit onto my bike but I can't seem to get the throttle to function properly. When I connect the power, the power level   seems to go right to maximum and the throttle control does nothing. When I disconnect the throttle control and connect the power, the motor won't start at all so it seems it is connected properly, anybody have any idea whats going on?

Thanks!

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Throttle Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 04:00:02 AM »
It could be a bad connection but sometimes the linear sensor is bad. Try fiddling with the throttle connector to make sure the contacts are not bent. In another topic here on the forum there is even more advice.

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:16:26 AM »
If you have a volt/ohm meter you can follow the instructions on this web page; http://www.electric-bikes.com/diag-03.htm#throttle

I don't know if the GoldenMotor throttle is 5k ohm or Hall-Effect but both are covered on the web page above. Test the resistance of the wires going to the throttle first and make sure they are not shorted.

Good luck

Offline ecyclist

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 01:56:13 AM »
Problem solved! One of the pins wasn't making contact, I adjusted the pin over a bit and the throttle works great now!

Thanks!!

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 02:53:21 AM »
Glad we could help. Soon you'll be able to share new experiences and other knowledge we do not have that is bound to help us and other newbies to follow. Thanks andto the Golden owner's forum. Also, as you have seen, watch out for the wanabe dealers...   ;D

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 04:40:24 AM »
ecyclist

I am curious when you say the pin wasn't making contact. Can you describe the how the pin wasn't making contact?

The reason I ask was that I had some problems with pins being pushed out backwards when they didn't mate correctly as the connectors were pushed together and I am wondering if this is what happened to you.

Thank you, Dale