Author Topic: VEC 200 controler Throttle Problems  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Zeno

• Confirmed
VEC 200 controler Throttle Problems
« on: April 18, 2020, 02:28:35 AM »
Hello,
My name is Zeno and I am building a electric wake board winch with the 72v 3kw motor and the VEC 200 controller.  Since I eventually want to create the throttle signal using PWM and a high pass filter, I didn't buy a throttle and instead am trying to make my own just to test things out and get the motor turning.  Right now the circuit I setup is supplying 5.06v and 0v to the high and low pin marked as the throttle input, and a variable voltage between 0 and 2.5v to the reference pin using a simple voltage divider with a potenciometer.  So far, I have been unable to get the motor to spin.  In the vector control software, I tried changing the throttle type from hall effect to potenciometer, and changing the other throttle parameter settings to get the voltage in range.  Does anyone have an trouble shooting advice or a potenciometer based throttle which they can measure the output of?  Based on the wiring diagram I have been using, it is unclear if the motor controller is supposed to supply the 5v which would make sense however when I checked with my multi-meter it showed .02V between the high and low pins.  Any advice would be appreciated as I would really like to get the motor spinning.

Thanks,
Zeno

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC 200 controller Throttle Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
Hi Zeno andto the forum.
When I checked with my multi-meter it showed .02V between the high and low pins.

Did you measure this voltage between the unused pins (20) High Speed and (24) Low Speed or between the throttle pins (28) +5v and (26) GND?

Testing the motor using a 10k potentiometer connected to the three throttle wires should be very straightforward:

But you will need to set the output voltage to 0.8V~1V for a linear type throttle when the controller is powered on or the motor may not run.
Check out this post for further details on the required throttle signal voltage etc.

The e-lock wires must also be connected to each other (ignition switched on) for the controller to work.

Alan

« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:32:42 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Zeno

• Confirmed
Re: VEC 200 controler Throttle Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 03:03:32 PM »
Thanks Alan!
I didn't think of shorting the E-Lock.  After I did that it worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Zeno