Author Topic: BLDC 5kW 72V VEC 300  (Read 4605 times)

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
BLDC 5kW 72V VEC 300
« on: October 18, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »

Hello.
I want to connect an LCD display to the above scheme. I plan to shoot the speed indicator from the hall sensor. Tell me which pin to connect it to? Which shunt to connect and to which pins of the driver to take other electronic readings? My battery is 72V
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:31:00 AM by Monster »

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
New member with some questions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 10:15:18 AM »

I read your forum carefully, I sort of figured out my question. You can connect to any of the three hall sensors. It is likely that I still have questions. Please give me the opportunity to discuss issues in the forum topics.

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
Re: New member with some questions
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »

Another question is what type of temperature sensor is in my engine and can it be connected in parallel to an external temperature indicator?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:20 PM »
Hi Monster andto the forum.

The temperature sensor is basically a thermistor (a resistance that varies with temperature) and it should not be wired in parallel with an external temperature sensor, as this would adversely affect its accuracy.
Your motor might overheat badly before the controller even started to reduce the current, or the controller would start reducing the current much too soon, as the controller would not be monitoring the motor's actual temperature.

Alan

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 08:19:34 AM »
Thank. Tell me, what is the optimum engine temperature? I don’t know if it’s worth installing a cooling system if the engine is not hot after operation, I put my hand in, and don’t burn.
My engine has water cooling.

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
Re: BLDC 5kW 72V VEC 300
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 09:11:46 AM »

One more question. What are the factory settings for the VEC 300? I do not have a USB cable. I would like to know if recovery is turned on and is it possible to increase engine speed by programming?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 05:54:19 PM »
I don't know what the optimum motor temperature would be, but a low motor temperature is obviously much better than a high one.
If the motor windings are not getting hot enough under high load for the controller to start reducing the power, then I would say that the existing cooling is doing a good job.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the default setting are for the VEC300 controller as I don't have one, but if regenerative braking is turned on in the controller, then you should feel a strong braking effect from the motor when the +5V brake wire is connected to GND.
If it is not turned on, I would expect it to just cut the power going to the motor without any motor braking effect.

Increasing the motor rpm by reprogramming would only be possible if the programmed maximum rpm was currently set lower than the motor's unloaded rpm @ 72V. According to the 5000W 72V dynamometer results, this should be ~4,260rpm.
The motor's maximum rpm will obviously reduce as load is applied to the motor. ;)

Alan

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 07:05:51 AM »
Thank. I have not yet connected the brake wire to the brake lever. I understand that the recovery mode only works when the wires are shorted ((((brake))), in the diagram above?

I ordered a device to indicate speed. I will connect it to the hall sensor integrated in the motor. They will fix the maximum engine speed.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 07:12:49 AM by Monster »

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 07:17:28 AM »
Excuse me for any stupid questions. I don’t understand English, I read and write through Google translator.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 03:47:23 PM »
I understand that the recovery mode only works when the wires are shorted ((((brake))), in the diagram above?

That is correct, the electromagnetic braking force occurs when the brake switch is activated, but regenerative current only tends to be produced when braking at higher speeds.

Alan

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 08:40:22 AM »

Thank you very much. I will experiment, according to the results I will report

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 10:33:57 AM »

Tell me on cruise control mode. How does he work?
When closing contacts, does it keep constant speed or economy mode?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 02:45:35 PM »
The cruise control function is the controller's equivalent of manually holding the throttle in a particular position.

You simply hold the throttle at the required speed and then momentarily press the cruise button to engage the cruise function, and the controller will electronically simulate the current throttle position allowing the throttle can then be released.
This set throttle position will be maintained by the controller until the cruise button is pressed again, or the brakes are applied.

I don't know if the cruise function on the VEC300 is cancelled when you manually override it with the throttle, or whether it stays engaged and simply returns to the current cruise speed setting when the throttle is release.

As it is basically a fixed throttle position (not a constant speed setting as implemented on some other cruise control systems) the vehicle speed will still increase when going downhill and reduce when going uphill.

Alan

Offline Monster

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 10:34:52 AM »

Does not work. I turn it on and by pressing and briefly, anyway, when the throttle valve is reset, the motor slows down.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 11:34:43 AM »
You may have to enable the Cruise Control Enable and Cruise Control Manual mode enable settings from within the programming software before it will work.

I don't have any experience with the "Cruise Control Automatic mode" so I am not familiar with how this operates, but I suspect it requires the throttle to be held in the same position for the number of seconds set in the Automatic cruise response time (S) before it automatically engages the cruise control function.

Alan