Author Topic: Programming problem for VEC300/72V using PI-800 software  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Yash

• Confirmed
Programming problem for VEC300/72V using PI-800 software
« on: March 29, 2018, 01:41:38 PM »
Hello,
I have bought VEC300/72V 1week ago with an intention to run the motor which I had.
But unfortunately I didn't bought PI-400 cable which is recommended. In order to save time as well as cost I used CH340  USB to Serial converter to connect to the VEC300.
This is how I made the connection:
CH320 Tx-> VEC300 Tx
CH320 Rx-> VEC300 Rx
CH320 5v-> VEC300 5v
CH320 GND-> VEC300 GND
But the Rx/Tx pulses which I have given to the controller are of 5v amplitude and not 3.3v.
While testing with the above connections about 3days earlier I was sometimes able to program the VEC300 but not always.
Now for 2days consistently I am not able to program the VEC300.

Can any1 please help...!!!

The error showing are as follows:
1. When I made above connection and press CONNECT button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "data packet length error" error.
2. When I made above connection and press UPLOAD button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "no response because of timeout" error.
3. When I made above connection and press DOWNLOAD button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "Please connect the device first"error.

4. When swapped [Tx->Rx & Rx->Tx] and press CONNECT button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "no response because of timeout" error.
5. When swapped [Tx->Rx & Rx->Tx] and press UPLOAD button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "no response because of timeout" error.
6. When swapped [Tx->Rx & Rx->Tx] and press DOWNLOAD button on PI-800 Gui then I get  "Please connect the device first"error.

7. When I connect the USB or Even Power the VEC300 by 79V the led blinks for 16times.

I have tried the procedure recommended by BikeMap which is:
1) Connect the USB lead. (Vector controllers use a USB lead fitted with a five pin connector, see below)
2) Open the software that you downloaded previously.
3) Select the correct COM port from the dropdown option box (if you don’t know which COM port the USB lead is assigned to you will have to repeat the whole process selecting a different port each time until you find the right one).
4) Click the “Connect” icon and wait for the timeout error.
5) Then connect the battery power!!
The controller should instantly connect and the relevant parameters should automatically be uploaded and displayed.
When the alterations have been saved to the controller you need to unplug the USB lead and then switch the battery power off and then back on again for the controller to work.
If you switch the power off and on again without disconnecting the USB lead it will re-enter programming mode again.
Link: https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=5330.msg30521#msg30521

But nothing changed.

Have I damaged the controller? Is their any way out? Please help?

Please help.

Note:
1. I have attached the last file which was uploaded to PI-800.
2. I am having motor stalling problem so I needed to change the program. (When throttle is provided the led blinked 4times.)

Offline Yash

• Confirmed
Re: Programming problem for VEC300/72V using PI-800 software
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:00:45 AM »
The problem is solved by using this connection:
CH340 Tx-> VEC300 Rx
CH340 Rx-> VEC300 Tx
CH340 3.3v-> VEC300 5v
CH340 GND-> VEC300 GND

The jumber on the CH340 makes connection between the Vcc->3.3V.
The wiring diagram is showing wrong information that the USB power pin must be connected to 5v but in actual case it must be connected to 3.3v.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:07:50 AM by Yash »