Author Topic: Revisiting the PRO 902  (Read 5096 times)

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Revisiting the PRO 902
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
My riding buddy wants to electrify a small recumbent he has for his wife. For a number of reasons, the PRO 902 Rear (20") wheel kit looks like the best fit. I've volunteered to help him cobble it together.

I haven't been able to find any info on a freewheel gear cluster to fit this. How many gears can we put on this, assuming a standard 135mm rear dropout spacing?

Gary's kit looks like it's using the standard issue GM controller for this. In which case, can we run this at 48V to get a higher top speed? Presumably, the controller will take it.

I've only been able to find a spec sheet on the 36V version from the GM mothership at: http://www.goldenmotor.com/hubmotors/Mini%20Rear%2036V250W%20Performance.pdf. Assuming, for a moment, that the 24V version, which is also rated at a (conservative) 250W is using a heavier gauge wire in it's windings (it would have to be, wouldn't it?), wouldn't it then be a better idea to bump the 24V version up to 48V for the higher speed?

Thanks...
8)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:02:40 PM by truly_bent »
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties

Offline truly_bent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Revisiting the PRO 902
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
Okay, nix this idea.
My buddy is going to wait on the specs for the Mini Pie, which is coming out ANY DAY NOW(!).

Everybody go away; go back to your homes. The show's over.
:)
Burley Canto recumbent w/ MP II, Lyen 18FET controller, 48V 20AH LiFeP04, Cycle Analyst, and 4 pounds of zip-ties