Author Topic: GM Cruise controller for my trike  (Read 11463 times)

Offline Sangesf

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: GM Cruise controller for my trike
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 03:21:49 AM »
Unfortunately, It would seem every dealer has its own level of support offered. I think you would find anyone that has dealt with me or my website has had all of their email answered in a prompt and courteous manor and any warranty issues have had the highest level of support and follow up.

Gary

Canada = NOT US distributor  ;)

However charging the same as GM China does in terms of shipping is not the best idea, because when shipped from China at their prices, it's only taken a day or too longer, so since I'm not a big "NEED IT NOW" kinda guy.
I would rather get it directly from the manufacturer.

As an example... I'm still waiting for a replacement controller, from one of the Distributors (NOT Gary) and it's been 6 business days and according to the shipping company, it's expected to arrive by Wed. that's 9 Business days. (When I purchased my hub motor from GM China, I got it in 7 Business days.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »

However charging the same as GM China does in terms of shipping is not the best idea

Believe me I would like to sell things cheaper. It would certainly help sales. But there are some realities that come into play. GM China makes the items, not me. So obviously they have a larger profit margin as they do not sell them to me at their cost. Everything has to be shipped to me and then to my customers. How would shipping something twice be cheaper then shipping it once. If I am out of stock on an item, I have it drop shipped from the factory to the customer. The shipping they charge me is exactly what they charge the customers, there is no shipping discount for me on a drop ship and on several items they actually charge me more for shipping as they subsidize the shipping for customers but not for me.

As an example... I'm still waiting for a replacement controller, from one of the Distributors (NOT Gary) and it's been 6 business days and according to the shipping company, it's expected to arrive by Wed. that's 9 Business days. (When I purchased my hub motor from GM China, I got it in 7 Business days.

The last 2 controllers I sold were delivered within only a few hours of the time of purchase. I deliver many items the same day as purchased, many more are received the next day and some take as long as 5 days across Canada. International items obviously take a little longer as some are drop ship and some come direct from me. It depends on what country it is going to or if I have stock. Anything in stock that is ordered is shipped the same day, unless the post office is closed (8pm) then it goes the next day. Anything that will be drop shipped is ordered the same day and then it is shipped by the factory as soon as possible, I like to think as a dealer I have some priority, The lag at the factory can be anywhere from shipping the same day to sometimes having to wait for weeks for stock to be produced. Receiving your item in seven days from China is amazing. I would like to see the tracking number on that one. Most items take 2-3 weeks and some take even longer. I have just gone through a huge shipping lag from GM China as it is the busiest time of year and with new products in production others have fallen out of stock and some things have taken 24 days before leaving the factory. Most delayed Items have now been shipped and they are catching up but right now GM China is the busiest place on earth!

I am very sorry that the dealer you purchased from is not giving you the respect you deserve, I put a lot of effort into customer satisfaction and this does bother me. It doesn’t matter to me who you purchase from, As long as you receive your items and are happy with them we all win! Happy customers are good for all of us.

Gary

Offline oldbiker

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 08:46:02 AM »
Well… I finally broke down and purchased a GM kit. I do hope it functions properly.
I’ve been riding this trike for a while now, and it got comfortable.
Over the years, trying to be able to get around has been very expensive or inconvenient.
So I gave up cars due to health issues but I still need to get around.
Then comes electric bikes.
I will do anything I can do with electricity as long as it is interesting, and fun. With electricity it is always interesting. Fortunately the rest of the world did not have to suffer due to my lack of formal electronics training. But I will play on.
At this time EV has my interests.
I just don’t know enough to fix some of my problems with electric hub motors.
For some of you young guys I do hope you can manage to make some money in this ‘ordeal’.
Make America produce the best electrical road products available.