Author Topic: Im back....apologies all the way around to forum members  (Read 8751 times)

Offline dray

Im back....apologies all the way around to forum members
« on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:12 AM »
Just wanted to give a heads up..

I bought merely 1/4-1/2  container of 26" front wheel kits from Philip. Ended up being around $140 +/- after logistics etc.

I was getting close to 40 emails a week for product I didnt have.  Wheel chairs, misc small motorized wheels, speed controllers etc.

I relayed this to phillip on a weekly basis and his comment was for me to buy more..

Here is the problem.....

They guarantee absolutely nothing, I can order it , if it comes bad Im screwed.

To be honest I have yet to find ONE good battery charger.

I didnt jump into this to make a million bucks but instead to share a little green transportation and get my mind off of reg business.

I am completely stumped on the Communist Chinese. They will send ANYTHING out for a dolllar, never thinking about tomorrow working or not they will ship it to you in a container.

BUYER BEWARE. I know myself and myelectric bike and I have had our ins and outs but honestly in bulk it takes 3 kits to make one decent one.

it was a $10k loss in investment, no sorrow, no Ill replace the bad chargers, nothing except buy more.

Just something for all of you to take a look at.

Yes the kits are inexpensive. but its kinda like buying a used car that u really want. Theres always problems down the road.

I sell my kits $100 over what I payed because I get tweekers that want to install in front of my shop, I get alot of people tha tsimply don't understand its a cheap kit, if you have the knowhow you can make it run.

So far I have tested every unit that went out and have had 50% returns. Usually clicking (in spokes, not hall sensor) also I have not found any of the battery chargers that work.. even when connected correctly.

Mine runs fine because I know how to fix stuff.

but the majority of the population over tightens the throttle, not letting it release causing accidents.

clicking in untrue rims spokes.

Anyways guys I apologise early on for coming on strong, but these do not compare to crystalyte at all.

these are put out as fast as possible in poooooor packaging with little or no testing in order to make $$$ and thats all.

I think I have around #30 kits left Im selling all of them at $160 + shipping no warranty.

Sorry to have gotten off on the wrong foot early in the game but I was sure I had picked the right manufacturer and product, but I was waaaay off.

selling cheap
www.ampedbikes.com

Offline rlt

Re: Im back....apologies all the way around to forum members
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 06:14:51 AM »
Dray;

Sent you a message through your website interface.  I'm interested in 2, maybe 3 kits.

Sorry to hear that this worked out so disappointingly for you
Robert

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 08:38:12 PM »
I guess I should consider myself lucky. I have had no problems with my kit so far. Everything seems fine.

Offline rlt

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:16:31 PM »
Meb,- 
Yes, thanks. I have taken that into consideration. (I also have to take my financial circumstances into consideration too  ;) )

Fortunately I have a well equipped workshop, from lathes to welders and some electronics repair skills too.

Offline al

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »
 Its not just me then,this guy,(Phil the Pill) is a (bad joke) and his kits are pure crap!

Offline al

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
I got a rear 600w 48volt hub several months ago but never got the
thing running right did anybody else ever get one of these, the hub is stamped with these figures.

Offline Mel in HI

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:22:24 PM »
I have wondered myself why this post even survived...  Being that this is their company server, why have they allowed the statement to stand.  That says alot about the company right then and there.

Offline rlt

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:42:07 AM »
Hey, I'm in a rare optimistic mood....
Maybe they are serious about wanting to make and sell a decent product;  that they are willing to be honest and open about the problems and want input about how to improve.  That's why they are allowing these negative posts to stand.

I have been dealing with a few 'small businessmen' from Hong Kong, Shenzhen, and Shanghai occasionally, off and on for about three years or so, and while some of them have their foibles and problems, most of them seem to be honest and wanting to become good, respectable, international businessmen.  Some of them are superb at customer service, honest as the day is long and great at customer communications.

(Uh, oh, my pessimistic nature is kicking in.) Of course, Golden Motors, if they are indeed the manufacturer of the products, rather than a reseller, (as are most of the people I have been dealing with,) may feel safe in ignoring EVERYTHING that doesn't come down from 'the Party'.   Or it could be that they just don't pay much attention to what goes on here.  I think a lot depends on whether they are essentially entrepreneurs or essentially bureaucrats.

Either way, I have a feeling that we western e-bike 'do it your selfers' are a nearly insignificant part of their current business.

Now, Dray, on the other hand, I'm starting to wonder about.  No response to my message of two days ago through his website, and no more posts here in the forum. Either he is not serious about closing out of his stock, or something bad has happened to him.  I hope all is well, but I am losing interest in buying from him fast.  I found a source for a different brand of hub motors with a better reputation than Golden seems to have at the moment, and the prices are lower than I would have expected. 

Offline gmanning66

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 04:49:23 AM »
  I found a source for a different brand of hub motors with a better reputation than Golden seems to have at the moment, and the prices are lower than I would have expected. 

Could you share that company with us? have you bought one and tried it?   thanks