Author Topic: Newbie looking for info on the XML-10D power wheelchair  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Group0

• Confirmed
Newbie looking for info on the XML-10D power wheelchair
« on: November 03, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Hi folks, I have joined this forum for my wife who is not fond of computers or typing.

We have been looking for some time to replace her Invacare 9000SL with a powered unit. Long story short, this model is not compatible with GM's 24" conversion hub motor according to a rep at GM.

They offer the XML-10D for $2250.00 which includes shipping. She prefers this because she can still self propel herself should a motor fail.

This seems like a good deal and is within our budget. http://www.goldenmotor.com/img/WheelChairConversion.jpg

Does anybody have any thoughts, suggestions or experience with GM products? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Newbie looking for info on the XML-10D power wheelchair
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 11:54:21 PM »
They offer the XML-10D for $2250.00 which includes shipping. She prefers this because she can still self propel herself should a motor fail.

This seems like a good deal and is within our budget.

Hi andto the forum.

I don't think it has anything to do with being able to self propel herself, she just wants a wheelchair like the one Morgan Freeman used in the film "The Magic of Belle Isle":

I think the larger wheels are probably a good idea, as it should produce a smoother ride on bumpy surfaces and also make it easier to negotiate small kerbs etc. But I suspect the larger wheels will also take up a bit more space when the chair is folded.  ;)

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:51:13 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Group0

• Confirmed
Re: Newbie looking for info on the XML-10D power wheelchair
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »
Thanks Alan. Interesting point of view, concerning Morgan that is 8). And yes, wider and heavier.

Ed