Author Topic: Wiring Harness Attachment Question  (Read 1703 times)

Offline Vuldub

• Confirmed
Wiring Harness Attachment Question
« on: October 10, 2022, 01:29:02 PM »
I put this question to support and they told me they did not know the answer.  On the wiring harness, at the junction of the four primary wires from the brakes and hand controls, there are two "plugs" (not electrical)  that appear to be designed to snap into holes to secure the  harness.  Any idea where these might go or why they are present?

Offline e-lmer

• Technical Officer
  • Master of Magic
    • My page
Re: Wiring Harness Attachment Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 05:16:36 PM »
The would snap in to a plate attached to your fork to hold the plug in place.
I do the same thing with zip-ties as my connector does not have this.

You could measure the distance and the height of the cylindrical part of the pin,
then build a bracket like:
                          =======   ========   ======
                        /                                                       \
____________/                                                           \_____________

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Wiring Harness Attachment Question
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 11:12:28 PM »
I think the mounting holes in the bracket would need to be at least 1/4" diameter and spaced approximately 3/4" apart (between centres), but the rubber pins appear to be very stiff, so I suspect that it could be difficult to press them into the correct sized holes.

Countersinking the entrance to the holes and cutting the slots slightly deeper into the rubber pins (and possibly cutting additional slots at 90 degrees to the existing slots) should allow the rubber pins to push into the holes in the bracket more easily.

Alan