Author Topic: I`ve decided to change internarl MP2 controller for external.  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Gabriel

• Confirmed
Hi, I`m decided to change internal MP2 controller for external. My MP2 1000Watt Motor is not working. Last time I had a problem with the controller this time too.
Do you know someone who has changed internal controller for external ? I suppose that it is a detailing  and dedicated task.
Do you know which controller is better for replace it? Which trademark do you recommend? Someone who has done this work can share any photos?

Thanks!!
Gabriel

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: I`ve decided to change internarl MP2 controller for external.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 11:28:54 PM »
Hi Gabriel,

Check out this post for more information on converting to an external controller.

Edward Lyen's controllers seem to be quite popular for external conversions, and you also have the option of sensorless controllers that do not require Hall sensors or the five Hall sensor wires to be used.

Alan

Offline Gabriel

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 08:05:09 PM »
Thanks Alan!! I will check  :D :D

Offline Gabriel

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 07:46:36 PM »
Alan, one question sensorless controller, who to detect the position of wheel ? I need to buy a new one, and obviusly if I could I will buy one sensorless controller to avoid wiring. The question is if the sensorless controller has any power loss.
I will buy a sensorless controller 48v 1000w.

Thanks!!!
Gabriel

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
I ran my original Magic Pie (version 1) in sensorless mode with the original internal GM controller for several weeks after blowing the hall sensors. Apart from having to pedal first before the motor would cut in, the only difference I noticed was that it was slightly noisier.

I have no experience with Infineon sensorless controllers, but this might answer your question:

I have a new sensorless infineon working with the pie, it will start from stop, and really is not distinguishable from the standard infineon controllers :)........works equally well on both....

I believe that this controller will also work with higher wind count geared motors, but not the lower wind ( faster speed) count ones......like the mac speed version, something to do with the higher wind count being able to generate a higher back emf pulse (how the controller figures out where it is, signal going back through the redundant 3rd phase wire)

If you are worried about reduced power, go for the 40A controller which will produce even more power than the original GM controller (provided your battery is able to supply it).

Alan

Offline Gabriel

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 02:22:28 PM »
Thanks Alan. I will buy this controller:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/492963725.html

Anyone has any experience with this?

The seller said me that it works with sensorless bldc motor.

Thanks!!
Gabriel

Offline Perth

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2023, 11:39:25 AM »
I would be curious to know how it went for you?