Author Topic: Couple Quick Questions about Magic Pie kit  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Couple Quick Questions about Magic Pie kit
« on: April 02, 2018, 12:04:23 AM »
Two questions that come to mind.

1. How on earth do I tighten the Smart Display when it's on the handlebar ? I can't figure out how to get the nut and screw into it. The intructions show a different style mounting braket, so that is of no help to me.

2. Is there a way to kill the power going to the motor, when it's not in use ? I thought the red button the trottle would do that, but it does not. It simply turns on the power on or off for the display.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Couple Quick Questions about Magic Pie kit
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:19:08 PM »
To attach the clamp you first need to slide the nut into the plastic housing as shown here until the centre of the nut lines up with the hole:

Then hold the clamp as tight as possible around the handlebar and start the pinch bolt into the thread of the captive nut (taking care not to cross thread it) and then tighten the bolt securely with a suitable screwdriver or allen key etc. making sure that the display is in the correct position and angled to give the best display.

If your battery does not have an integrated On/Off switch, then the battery must be unplugged and left disconnected when the bike is not in use.
If the battery is not turned Off or disconnected, it will be slowly discharged by the controller and the LED battery gauge on the throttle while the bike is not being used.

The red button on the throttle is typically used to turn a suitable battery voltage LED headlight On and Off.

Alan

Offline Adamsavage79

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 04:04:18 AM »
I will try that again with the nut. As for the battery, I think I might get a pack with the key on the side, to turn the battery on or off to the rest of the bike. Pluging and unplugging all the time, is going to create lots of wear on the wire and plug. I know Grin Tech has one, that looks to be the same one as my older battery is in.

Offline Neven

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:35:07 AM »
You may have the same issue I had, where the screw is only able to make a couple threads and worked its way out on a bumpy road.   Thankfully I tie wrapped my cabling to the handlebars and it kept the display in place.  For now i'm not bothering to refasten as i've had to flip the bike over a couple times and having the display easily swivel a bit helped prevent it from getting scratched up