Author Topic: 20" MP III from Gm Canada has arrived.  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
20" MP III from Gm Canada has arrived.
« on: August 13, 2013, 03:18:51 AM »
Super fast delivery, good price, the kit looks amazing.  So far so good.

The 20" didnt come with a tire or cassette, which isnt such a big deal.  I have a 20"x3 tire here that looks like its going to reach the bead. 

The cassette I will get, will be single speed, and I will just use the standard BMX straight dropout and get my new mig welder and convert those torque washers into something that can keep the chain tensioned nicely on the cogs.

Looking at the new harness close up in person impressed me.  I will definitely be giving these cables a go.  Much better, and neater design,  I will buy a few of these harness for the other two bikes I have running here as well.

These rims are solid and sturdy, I havent spun it up yet, so much preliminary work to be done on this aging duel suspension BMX bike I have, before I will even want to test this beautiful Golden Motor. 

The BMX I plan for this Magic Pie has already been a Brushed motor Ebike for over 6 years, Its still running, but gathering dust at the back of the shed.

Thanx Gary, again.

Again, and I'm as always, a happy GM Canada camper.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 03:20:56 AM by Les »

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 20" MP III from Gm Canada has arrived.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:52:44 AM »
Pro tip. First thing!

Aways keep an old tire on the rim.  You drop it on the ground on the bare aluminium, you be here crying like a little baby here, tis bad product. But the rim is good.  If you can get rear suspension, or a least  a good seat post shock, would help a lot too.  IF you get a flat with these cast don't be tempted to ride it home on the rims ever, you cant replace the rims. I ride on  soft grassy areas if I get a flat on my way home, but I wouldn't with the cast rims..

:0

Took the Pie out for a ride today.  Hmm.  Besides the cruel regen on the 20" now rides without brake switches for now.   I need a program cable now before the kit is  truly road safe.

Loved the motor.

no problemo~

I bought a Maxis Holly Roller 20" 2.20 that fit great with not much fussing.

Well the windings are fast. It goes nice @ 52v for a 20" and the has enough power for me and a full trailer @ stock setings, Ive felt more power running a 20 ah Ping on a 26" MP2, with a 12 fet infineon, but I don't want my cargo bikes to run more power than my largest Freight needs, so I cant burn my motors out.

This will pull my 480lbs+ (gross) load up my hills without any modification, no problemo.  And my children already cant wait to jump on this bike and tear around the park.

Cheers.

Bring it on

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
Glad you are enjoying the new kit Les. I do recall somewhere you stated this kit is for your son. Seems you are now keeping it for yourself :) I sort of know the feeling. I recently built a 24 inch full suspension mountain bike with a rear Smart Pie for my wife. Immediately my son claimed it as his. I guess the shrinker he has is getting a little under powered for his liking.

How about a few pictures?

Gary

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:21:53 PM »
We share bikes here Gary, it is like we run the Netherlands bike exchange..  I now have  5 people wanting to use my bikes now.  My wife is as excited to ride this thing as is my son, and daughters, no one owns a bike here.  We prioritize who needs what bike, when and why. 

I cant give him a bike that isnt ready.  It needs a stand, decent battery, the 15ah ping is FUBAR. 

This aint no toy, f-ing meat axe if you ask me. I will be running 96v to the Pie within 6 weeks hopefully.  Yes my 12yo son is going to love a 3.6k 96v bike, but we going to move slow with it.

Bring it on

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 09:19:32 AM »
Hey im not keen on using a 12 Fet bridge on this motor, and I've decided with a standard 48v battery.  Its going to take too long to get the gear together, and I really did like the way the internal controller works on this motor, the 6 fet bridge isnt something to boast about, but on the 20" it feels "reeeeeeeeeally nice', a good balance of the off the mark torque and mid range torque.  Other than set REGEN back 50% or so, the whole 20" package is certainly versatile.   This wheel  makes a good child's BMX motor, all the way up to a heavy weight cargo motor out of the box, and I will prove that, this baby is going to hit the 26" MP out of the park, even with the smaller ah battery..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:24:53 AM by Leslie »

Bring it on