Author Topic: MPIII settings  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
MPIII settings
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »
I ordered a 48v 10a MP3 kit and noticed it was set at 26v and cont 25A peak70A does anyone know what it should be set at and what is the max safe continuous A I can run  :-\ 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MPIII settings
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »
I think 25A continuous is the highest current that the later MPIII controllers can be programmed to and I always have the current settings as high as possible.
I would also leave the voltage setting at 24V, as there is nothing to be gained by resetting it to 48V as your battery's Battery Management System (BMS) contains its own Low Voltage Cutoff (LVC).
However, if you were using a different battery (without a BMS or LVC protection) it would be advisable to set the controller's voltage setting to suit your battery's voltage, as this should allow the controller's LVC to be activated if the battery was discharged too much.

Alan

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »
Thanks for the reply Bikemad so even if I set it at 30A its not going to do anything ?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:44:02 AM »

If you were able to save the 30A setting it would increase the power slightly, but I think if you save it (and then click the "GetConfig" button to read the saved settings from the controller) you will find that it will have simply reset the controller to 25A continuous again. :(

Alan

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
No 30A was saved I reconnect and get config still says 30A I will take it for a test run tomorrow so is this setting ok to run ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:36:02 PM by Adam Q »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 12:39:33 AM »

You must have a different controller to mine as mine will not store the 30A continuous setting.

You should be fine running with the 30A continuous setting as this was the default setting for the earlier MPIIs.

Alan

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:52:18 AM »
Great thanks Alan I put a vid on you tube of the settings could you have a look and see if its set ok I have no idea sorry http://youtu.be/ez-Oo4B-bv8

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
well I took it for a run and I didnt notice any difference so it looks like its plan B to get this bike a bit faster  :o

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »

The settings looked fine and should produce power and a top speed well in excess of your road-legal limits. ::)
I realise you would like it to be a bit faster, but what's your opinion on the Magic Pie's power?

Also, how about some more information on "plan B", I'm guessing it involves a lot more volts and an external controller conversion? ;)

Alan

Offline Adam Q

• Confirmed
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 11:41:42 AM »
yes the power is good the bike will sit on around 38 and as for plan B I have no freaken idea but more Volts sounds good I just have no clue on how to do it. Im a noob to ebikes  ???