Author Topic: Converting from 36V to 48V  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Active e

• Confirmed
Converting from 36V to 48V
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
Hi My Name is Ken I live in New Zealand, I have purchesd a Magic Pie 3 with a 36v battery
I am very happy with the Golden Motors product, My Question is : If I change to a 48v battery other then the usb changes do I
need to change Throttle ect:
I live in a city with hills and I find the magic Pie handles this great I travel aprox 22km a day to work and I have had a average speed of 29.5kph. but with the hills would like to upgrade the power
Thanks

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Converting from 36V to 48V
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:15:09 AM »
Hi Ken,

The only thing the voltage setting does in the software is set the low voltage cutoff to protect your battery. If your battery has a BMS then no changes are needed. The throttles are all the same except for the LED lights. If you go to 48 volts and your throttle is a 36 volt it will still function the same way. The LED's will always all be lit though as it will always think your battery is full. You can change the throttle or use a Cycle Analyst or watts up meter. You can even add a resistor into the throttle to have the LED's display properly. There is a thread in the forum somewhere on this but I can't find it.

Gary