Author Topic: 24v,36v or 48v  (Read 3003 times)

Offline gf3

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
24v,36v or 48v
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:16:07 PM »
some of the Magic Pie's (mine included) haven't gone as fast as advertised. looking at the gm site they have three magic controllers with three different voltages. so is the only difference between the Magic Pies the voltage programmed into the controller?  when vapid2323 had the wrong voltage programmed in he complained about it being sluggish until he changed the voltage setting. anyone know?  

This would make sense because when I ordered my Magic Pie I didn't order the battery with it and I believe that was true of the other person that said his was slow he was using sla batteries.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:30:23 PM by gf3 »

Offline dfmerrifield

• Confirmed
Re: 24v,36v or 48v
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:49:38 AM »
They do go as advertised.  You have to take into effect your weight, the bikes weight, the bikes style, the type of tires, wind, terrain, all things come into any resistance on your bike.  I have a 48 volt system and I get 20 mile at an average at full throttle (25+ mph).  That is right what they say for my weight it is good.  If you weigh 120 you will get farther and faster but, I am 190 lbs. (88 kg) and that is my experience so far and that is just after a new battery and experimenting with tires right now and having to make sure my dual disk brakes are adjusted just right every couple of weeks or so.   Like I said;  Every little thing makes a difference in the distance and speed you will get and the biggest thing is this is not a motorcycle and you only are going to get up to speed so fast.   Believe me, it it a whole lot faster than you could ever peddle.

Check out the post under http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=2095.0 here you can find out a few things not only my getting a new battery replacement.

Don
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:07:50 AM by dfmerrifield »