Author Topic: Pedal Assist Sensor voltage rating?  (Read 5072 times)

Offline flow vdub

• Confirmed
Pedal Assist Sensor voltage rating?
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:12:40 AM »
Hello,
 I was wondering if anyone knows what the voltage rating is on the hall pedal assist sensor?  I mounted the sensor properly and attached a multimeter to it but am not getting a reading.  There are three wires, one should be V+, ground, and the middle wire is the signal?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks! 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Pedal Assist Sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »

Hi andto the forum.

The Black wire is ground (0V) and the Red wire is the supply (+5V).

I was unable to obtain any readings from the green signal output wire, because when I put the voltmeter probe on the signal wire, the load was too much and the PAS simply refused to work until I disconnected the probe.

I found it much easier to raise the wheel off the ground and slip the chain off so I could turn the pedals easily in either direction to check that the pedelec was working.
If it works when you turn the pedal backwards, the disc may need to be turned around on the pedal shaft so it faces the opposite direction.
If all else fails, you could always try remounting the sensor unit on the opposite side of the bottom bracket.

I also noticed that it seemed to work better if the magnet disc was positioned very close to the sensor unit (but not actually touching it).

Hope this helps.

Alan