Author Topic: Magic Pie II in Europe (Portugal)  (Read 4659 times)

Offline aamorim

Magic Pie II in Europe (Portugal)
« on: May 06, 2010, 10:35:44 PM »
I have been long looking for an electric bicycle kit that is suitable for our hilly city of Lisbon. This looks like it!
The big problem is the European legislation that restricts the power to 250 W. This is just crazy! They should limit the speed not the power.
It is typical flat German legislation that everybody in Europe has to cope with.
Anyhow I would like to buy a kit for myself then have a look if we could sell these kits in our company.
We just have to find a way to cope with the legislation ( < 24 V battery that the user could upgrade...) or to cope with license plate, insurance and all that.
Does anybody have any good ideia for this?

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Magic Pie II in Europe (Portugal)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:54:33 PM »
They, the cops, don't have any clue on wether it's over 250W and that's just continious power no peak power. And what if they test it, I asure you it can go 250 W continious. :D im riding 48v and double the legal and no pedelec and got pulled over just ones and they didn't know what to do and they did nothing and wished me a good day  ;)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: How many times were you stopped?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »

I'm riding 48v and double the legal and no pedelec and got pulled over just ones and they didn't know what to do and they did nothing and wished me a good day  ;)

I got pulled over twices and i'm starting to think they are trying to impound it. we don't want that, right?

Memory loss is usually associated with aging, so what's your excuse? ;D

Alan

Offline Hardcore

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: Magic Pie II in Europe (Portugal)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 11:12:26 AM »
I said ones because it wasn't the Magic Pies fault the 2nd time.
My behavious on it was the cause of being pulled over.
HOpe this clarifies ;D