Author Topic: Magic Pie II Updates  (Read 69969 times)

Offline Jhonny

Re: Magic Pie II Updates
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »
Brake lights?!
How about modifying the brake levers, to be connected not only with the regen, but with the rear lamp? So if I pull the arms the rear lamp would light brighter like on motorcycles or cars!
It would be very useful!

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:32 PM »
Some good news and some bad news of the Magic Pie II.

Bad news:
1)Volt limit lowered from 100V to 80V, Max recommended voltage is 72V. Anything over 72 will make it unstable.
2)Proposed function removed: Acceleration Adjustment in the programmable controller (uncertain)

Good news:
1)Magic Pie II would be stable for Dual Drive kits. Meaning that we will sell Dual Drive cables, making it possible for the noob to setup a Dual Drive mod.
2)Magic Pie II's spokes will be entirely different and will be machine made.
3)Magic Pie II would be available in more countries at a lower shipping cost due to the rising number of dealers that GoldenMotor has.
4)Magic Pie II "might" coming in 2 versions, the Street legal version, meaning topspeed/voltage of 25KPH/36V and the "other" version, 40KPH/36V.
5)Magic Pie II will be installed on a Full-Suspension bike, with a Dual Drive setup, fully customized and fine tuned by GM engineers. This Bike would be available at a dealer near you at an affordable price.

Yours,
Yao Yuan

N.B.Just a bad news from me: Too many pictures were taken at the ShangHai Bike expo, expect to see MANY dual drive bikes with integrated controllers next year at a super cheap price but with no after-sales service or warranty from MANY other chinese manufacturers. lol. I guess the dual drive bike attracted too much attention. I even managed to sell it at the end of the expo.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:00:38 PM by Yao Yuan »

Offline alswiseowl

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2010, 01:49:17 PM »
hi yao

thanks for the mapic pie two updates...
i have a couple of questions

will the mp2 have the same sized controller,just with bigger voltage capacitors in it and being programmable.

basically,could I buy just the mp11 controller & install it in the mp1 motor and it should all work like a mp11 right.using the golden motor programmable program

I have just been out riding my mp1 high(speed version) with my new 55v lipo pack which comes to 62v hot of the charger..and I have to say today I am the happiest man alive..its a blast..

thanks yao..and thanks again for your time & updates
Alex

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »
Hello Yao,

Can you give an estimate when she will be ready for customers

Best regards,

J
. _   _   __  __  ___  ____  ____  _     _   ____  ____
 ( )_( ) (  ) (  )(  _ \ (  _ \ (  _  )(  \/\/ ) ( ___) (  _ \
  ) _ (   )(__)(  ) _<  )___/ )(_)(  )      (   )__)   )    /
 (_) (_)(_____)(__ / (__)  (____)(__/\__)(____)(_)\_)

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 07:11:10 AM »
would you offer 1x MP 2 at discounted rate if another MP 2 was purchased ?

still unsure if I should get an 1 now so I can get discount on the next wheel

also are their any AU Dealers yet ?

shame about the Voltage drop .. I was going t o Combine 2x 48 V packs Guess i'll have to make 3x 24V now

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »
I think i'll make it fair, all at a discounted rate. no dealers in AU yet. but the law there is 200W...

Offline Jhonny

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 01:42:01 PM »
Will the dual drive consumes two times more power than a single drive?
Will you sell 72v batteries for the new MPII? And what will the top speed be if MPII running on 72volts?

Offline Leslie

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »
I think i'll make it fair, all at a discounted rate. no dealers in AU yet. but the law there is 200W...

http://www.aeva.asn.au/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=27

Here's a link in Aussie land. Post an invitation for a dealer ship maybe.  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:39:14 PM by 317537 »

Bring it on

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 01:00:09 AM »
Basically, for Dual Drive on a MP II, you are able to configure the regen braking with the Computer Interface. I've been receiving reports about the Dual Drive with the MP I that the regen braking is TOO strong and grabby. Hence, with the MP II, you can test ride it first and decide how much regen braking you want, as well as the Peak Current, which supposedly controls the acceleration.

For me, my Dual Drive MP II was made for a top speed of 45KPH on a 48V, because my bike frame wouldn't be handle speeds higher than that. There will be a custom option in the new Order page when the MP II comes out, and you can choose to custom make the RPM to higher speeds. On a 72V, it can be made to be at 100KPH, but that will empty your battery really fast. Seriously, the point of Dual Drive is just to show off. Or if you have a 20AH battery, then perhaps you can use it for long distance transport.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
Thanks Yao for addressing this issue. Front wheel lockups at speed for any reason are dangerous and every possible precaution needs to be taken. The limit in speed on your own bike reflects your awareness of the frailty of common bike frames for voltage and speeds the Magic Pie motor is now capable. Stronger equipment to accommodate higher speeds seems not to be the next priority. Of course all these bike are for off-road use so we don't have to worry about a speeding ticket. The higher torque and speed, however, is allowing me to carry extra conventional batteries by trailer to extend my range of travel. The Magic Pie controller works wonders to maximize efficiency so that I can make a complete run with extra load and without recharging. The slower I go though the more load I can carry and the longer distance I can travel. Higher speed, even though more efficient, does not make up for the amount of power required to achieve the best motor efficiency. In other words realizing trip (distance and weight) efficiency is at the expense of realizing motor (speed) efficiency. Will be looking for the Magic Pie II sale.

Offline GM Canada

• Super Gary
  • Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
MP2 Pictures!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Here is something we all have been waiting for. Philip has sent me 2 pictures of the yet to be released MP2. One is a 24 in MP2 wheel where you can see the new spokes and spoking pattern suggeted by Bikemad. The other is a 20 in MP2 that appears to be a solid cast and very cool looking. This is going to set the electric recumbent bike world on fire!

Gary
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:21:40 PM by GM Canada »

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
WOW!!!  :o

Offline MasterCATZ

• Confirmed
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2010, 04:37:28 AM »

Still yet to know a cop that knows their enginering LAWS

also all that is needed is to throw on indicators/mirrors  and the bike is road legal after inspection and can be registered as motorbike ( was going to make an 100km / hr bike but battery costs where to high .. I'll just stick with doing the large travel on the train )

besides they still have no way of testing them .. kinda just like the railway system .. they put us on Touch GO Cards ... stations are un manned and if someone does enquire for ticket You Flash the card and they walk away ...

any how I was planing on limiting the Bike using cycle analyst keeping high voltage Low wattage .. and by-pass it when I hit the Hill :P
I swear these hills should be illigal ...

as much I would love to sell these for you .. you have an Ban On E-Bay so their whent that idea ..
most people here have their 50/100 cc fuel burning chain driven motors thrown on their bikes

Offline GoldenMotor

• GoldenMotor
  • Emperor
  • PhD. Magic
  • Dark Templar
    • GoldenMotor Youtube
Re: MP2 Pictures!
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Here is something we all have been waiting for. Philip has sent me 2 pictures of the yet to be released MP2. One is a 24 in MP2 wheel where you can see the new spokes and spoking pattern suggeted by Bikemad. The other is a 20 in MP2 that appears to be a solid cast and very cool looking. This is going to set the electric recumbent bike world on fire!

Gary

Changes include center-alignment for rear wheel mounting as suggested by Bikemad. The steel motor ring and one hub side cover have neen changed to get the wheel aligned. This will make the installation much simpler and the existing V-brake can be used. We are here to listen your feedbacks which result in better quality GM products.

We sincerely apologize for the recent delay on shipping due to product upgrade and enhancement. Now we will build up stocks and ship out goods quickly to meet the customers expectation.

Now we have entire series MagicPie hub motors from 16" to 28" for most existing bikes conversion.

Offline Who42

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • ELECTRIC BIKE NUT
    • PLUG IN CARS & BIKES
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
I was wondering if any of the below suggestions were implemented in the Magic Pie II  ;D
I did these mods to my two Magic Pie"s easly using a lathe and a 7 speed sprocket will fit also plenty of clearence for hydrolic brakes  ::) and the hub is much better centered  :D
I would love to make a Tricycle using 2  20'' Magic Pie IIs  I think they are realy cool 8)

Magic Pie Needed SOME MODIFECATION in order to make coversions more easy with out the need for spaces for the sprocket and disk and this also got the wheel more centrol this is what I did see Photo's
on the sprocket side with this mode there is no need for the 42mm washer also a 7 speed sprocket will fit now  and no need for spacers behind the disk  The only extra washer that was added was an extra inner washer on the disk side but this could be eliminated later by buy extending the round part of the axial on the disc side  ???
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:58:56 AM by Who42 »
ELECTRIC BIKE NUT