Author Topic: problem with pas  (Read 9187 times)

Offline Gianfranco

problem with pas
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:08:38 PM »
Hello everybody, I have a problem with the PAS sistem; I did all the right wirings, but the PAS sistem doesn't work.
can someone help me? 

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Pedelec not working
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »
I have a problem with the PAS sistem; I did all the right wirings, but the PAS sistem doesn't work.

And about the PAS, I noticed that as soon I begin pedaling the motor goes immediately at the max speed, it doesn't make any difference if I pedal strong or weak, is it normal?

Gianfranco, as it obviously did work before, I'm assuming that it was both fitted and wired correctly.

Did the pedelec stop working all of a sudden, or has it been intermittent?

Have you done anything that could have affected the sensor or the disc with the magnets.
Check they are still close enough to the sensor for the magnetic pulses to be picked up.

I would double check the pedelec connections in the connector block at the controller and make sure you have approximately 5V between the Black and Red leads.

If you double check the obvious things first, hopefully something may show up.

Alan

P.S.
I have recently been experimenting with my Magic Pie, trying to discover how much assistance the pedelec provides.
I discovered that it does actually vary the amount of assistance according to the speed of the pedals, but I feel the motor speed is perhaps a bit too fast in relation to the pedal speed. I thought it might be possible to put some form of adjuster on the output signal from the sensor, but when I connected my voltmeter between the signal and ground to check the signal output voltage, it just stops the pedelec from working! ???

Perhaps fewer magnets (evenly spaced) might be the easiest solution.

I also discovered that it also does not work when you rotate the disc with the magnets in the wrong direction. ::)

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
Re: problem with pas
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »
So I was wright in mounting the magnets the same way they cam out the plastic disc in sence of polarity  ?

. _   _   __  __  ___  ____  ____  _     _   ____  ____
 ( )_( ) (  ) (  )(  _ \ (  _ \ (  _  )(  \/\/ ) ( ___) (  _ \
  ) _ (   )(__)(  ) _<  )___/ )(_)(  )      (   )__)   )    /
 (_) (_)(_____)(__ / (__)  (____)(__/\__)(____)(_)\_)

Offline Gianfranco

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:31:53 PM »
Bike mad, thank you for your answer.

I checked the connections twice, and it's all ok; the pedelec never worked.
Between the black and the red lead there are 4,5V so it should be ok and on the signal wire there are 4,5V that miss when the magnet passes near it, I activated the pedelec sistem by pressing twice the cruise control button but the pedelec doesn't work

Best regards
Gianfranco

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »

Gianfranco, try slipping the chain off the chainwheel and then turn the pedals backwards (with battery switched on and the wheel raised off the floor), if it then works, you will probably need to turn the magnet ring around on the spindle.

If it still doesn't work, you will need to email Tom (zhourenli@goldenmotor.com) for further advice.

Alan

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
My PAS doesnot work too. It never worked. I pressed the cruise control button twice but there is no beep and no other reaction of the motor after turning the pedals forward or backward.

Does anybody how to check / repair it.

Kind regards

P.S: The cruise control button for holding the speed does work !!

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
Same problem for me.....

Tried to get the PAS sensor to work but nothing happens.
cruise controll button however does work...????

Tried turning pedals backwards foreward and pressing the cruisse controll button twice.... etc no difference.

Best Regards,

JJ

Sorry, Problem solved.....

I did a fres restart with the key switch pressed the cruise button 2x and this time I did hear a beep.

Tried peddeling foreward no PAS

Tried peddeling backwarts freewheel......  YEAHhhh works....

Now I have to break out the magnets I glued to the gearwheel and reposition them the other way around and it should be sorted..

Thanx JJ
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:13:27 PM by Jazzjerry »

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »
Please help
If I try to start the PAS pushing the cruise control button twice there is   N O  beep.
Therefore I think I cant activated the PAS and so it wont work.

The cruise control button to fix the speed while rinding works very well.
I have checked every connection from/to the pie, what else can I do ?

The wiring for the PAS is as followed:.
FROM PIE 8-pin connector (3pins white connection):
 RED wire        -> to PAS 3pins white connection RED wire
 BLACK wire  -> to PAS 3pins white connection BLACK wire
 BROWN wire -> to PAS 3pins white connection GREEN wire

Is this correct ?
What can I do to repair/check my PAS, to make it work
My pie works very well but with no PAS it is not allowed in Austria to drive the bike without license
;-)

Kind regards  :o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:07:19 PM by wolga »

Offline Wolga

• Confirmed
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »
"TONIGHT" I got following answer from "GOLDENMOTOR  zhourenli@goldenmotor.com"
(I hope its "allowed" to put this in the forum)

Hello Wolfgang

Our old cruise controller need to push the cruise control button twice,then get one beep can activate PAS.
But now all MP,only when you pedal,the speed gets 10KM/ per hour,the PAS can work.

Each wire you connected is correct.

Best Regards
Tom

====>

So the MAGIC PIE need not to push the button twice, only connecting and then pedaling !!!! !  !   !     !

Now I checked this and everything "worked". Foolish how simple things could be, if you kow how to do it.
(no word about this in the Magic Pie manual, and no sentence in this forum, this give me the impression, noone use PAS with the Magic Pie)

Now I tell you my experience with PAS and PIE:
===================================
First of all, you need to get on "speed" with pedaling, for uphill-riding this is a problem.
If the PAS is doing his work, the throttle doesnot work for this time.

2nd: And then the PAS "pushes" me too fast for my opinion and with no proportion to my pedalling.
And 3rd: If I stop pedalling the PAS pushes 1 second without pedaling.
This is dangerous !!!! if you use your bike in the public traffic.
If I use the breaks, the PAS stops pushing, but after using the breaks I get onemore push (with no pedaling !!!) from the PAS.
I think the PEDELEC-effect ist very delayed and therefore unuseable.

DOES ANYBODY MAKE THE SAME EXPERIENCES ????
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 12:11:02 AM by wolga »

Offline PAULOGAC

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »
Helo everybody, I have a golden moter Magic Pie,and when I press the cruise control botton, two times,nothing hapens, so I can have PAS, can you help me ???i am nem in this mathers.And I have another problem the ligh don't work. I have atach the black cable to yelow cable from trottle and and the other one to red whire,can you send me some help to my email:gac.paulo@gmail.com.thanks everybody.best regards Paulogac

Offline GM Brazil

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »
I'll install the PAS in a few days for testing... But lloks like I'm the only person here that when I press the CC button twice the Pie actually beeps!!

Paulo, are you from Brazil too? (I am!!)

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 12:33:07 AM »
Helo everybody, I have a golden moter Magic Pie,and when I press the cruise control botton, two times,nothing hapens, so I can have PAS, can you help me ???i am nem in this mathers.And I have another problem the ligh don't work. I have atach the black cable to yelow cable from trottle and and the other one to red whire,can you send me some help to my email:gac.paulo@gmail.com.thanks everybody.best regards Paulogac

Hi andto the forum.

According to a previous post by Wolfgang, on the latest pies the pedelec should work automatically over 10Km/h without having to press the cruise control button twice.

For the lighting connections you just need to connect the wires as per this diagram:

The fuse is optional, but I would recommend you fit one just in case a wire rubs through and short circuits the lights.

Alan

Offline Jazzjerry

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
  • Carpe Noctum
    • Beeldhout
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
'My PAS does beep after pressing the cc button twice. But does not do anything when pedalling.

Offline sdaniels

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
Hi

I experience exactly the same behaviour with the pedelec:
support not in proportion to the pedaling, pushes after brake. stopping to pedal the motor is still accelarating for 6 seconds which is anoying.

Any possibility to get someting like 30 or 40 percent continious support from the motor?

"TONIGHT" I got following answer from "GOLDENMOTOR  zhourenli@goldenmotor.com"
(I hope its "allowed" to put this in the forum)

Hello Wolfgang

Our old cruise controller need to push the cruise control button twice,then get one beep can activate PAS.
But now all MP,only when you pedal,the speed gets 10KM/ per hour,the PAS can work.

Each wire you connected is correct.

Best Regards
Tom

====>

So the MAGIC PIE need not to push the button twice, only connecting and then pedaling !!!! !  !   !     !

Now I checked this and everything "worked". Foolish how simple things could be, if you kow how to do it.
(no word about this in the Magic Pie manual, and no sentence in this forum, this give me the impression, noone use PAS with the Magic Pie)

Now I tell you my experience with PAS and PIE:
===================================
First of all, you need to get on "speed" with pedaling, for uphill-riding this is a problem.
If the PAS is doing his work, the throttle doesnot work for this time.

2nd: And then the PAS "pushes" me too fast for my opinion and with no proportion to my pedalling.
And 3rd: If I stop pedalling the PAS pushes 1 second without pedaling.
This is dangerous !!!! if you use your bike in the public traffic.
If I use the breaks, the PAS stops pushing, but after using the breaks I get onemore push (with no pedaling !!!) from the PAS.
I think the PEDELEC-effect ist very delayed and therefore unuseable.

DOES ANYBODY MAKE THE SAME EXPERIENCES ????

Offline sdaniels

• Confirmed
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »
by the way pedelec modus in europe should not allow the motor to drive without pedaling. but if I can't go to a pedelec mode. how will the thumb throttle be disabled?