Author Topic: HPC 300 wiring problem  (Read 6853 times)

Offline techman

• Confirmed
HPC 300 wiring problem
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:02:29 PM »
Hello All
My name is Bob, and I teach at a local college and University.
I have had my university students do a hybrid conversion, the first was was a VW cabriolet, which was nicknamed the Voltswagen, with a 5KW motor is went OK (all engine parts removed)
Now we are on to another conversion, a faster one, (go cart) but we are having problems. We are using the HPM5000B motor and the HPC 300. We cannot get it to work.

What I'm looking for is the "correct" wiring diagram for the system and any trouble shooting help.
The controller is labeled HPC-300 (II) 300A Max, Model # 32201107021
The red light is 'ON' on the controller, but no action. This is where I would like the proper wiring diagram to help!
Any help would be apprecaited
Thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: HPC 300 wiring problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:39:59 AM »
Hi Bob andto the forum.

There have been a few problems reported on the forum regarding incorrect wiring for the high current controllers.

I suggest you study this post concerning a similar problem with a HPC 300 controller.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:50:15 PM by Bikemad »

Offline techman

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »
Thanks Alan

I will give the "new" wiring diagram a go and see what happens. The wiring I'm using is from Megavolt as I suspect he may have the same problem.
Will post my results if you like.

Thanks again

Bob

Offline techman

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »
Just a heads up

The factory wiring diagram was correct, ??? the other diagram posted as the 'right' one was not right for me, I must have an older controller. There would have been a conflict with hall effect power feed.
My problem was that I had a bad controller, replaced with another one and everything works fine now, I will send some pictures once wiring is "fine tuned" and made safe for operation
Thanks for all your help