Author Topic: MagicPie4 - I wish to setup the maximum power from the motor  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Abe

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Hello Alan,
General data:
1. Engine model: MagicPie4
2. Battery: 48V 15Ah lifePO4 Pack.
3. Wheel size: 26 inches

I wish to setup the maximum power from the motor (even beyond 1000W if possible), I would like to receive from you the parameters that I need to change via software / computer to get the maximum power of these motor.
** Time travel by bike every day I make very short for about 25 minutes, it should be emphasized that I live in a mountainous region
Thanks,
Abe

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: MagicPie4 - I wish to setup the maximum power from the motor
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
Hi Abe,

For off road use, I tend to run all of my Magic Pies at their maximum power settings, but I would not want to use the same maximum settings for a Smart Pie.

For maximum power you will need to set the following settings to their maximum values and see how the motor copes:
  • Battery drawn current = 30
  • Rated phase current current (A) = 70
  • Maximum Forward speed(rpm) = 380

If the motor starts to become too hot (or even cuts out) you will need to reduce the Battery drawn current setting until you find a balance between producing maximum assistance and not allowing the motor to get too hot.

Assuming maximum throttle is being used with the above current settings, then ambient temperature, steepness of the hills, wind resistance, total weight, speed, amount of regenerative braking and the amount of human pedal power supplied will also determine how quickly the motor will heat up.

Reducing the regen setting would help to reduce additional heat build up in the motor during braking, but your mechanical brakes would need to work a lot harder to compensate for it. ;)

Unfortunately, one group of settings will not suit everyone, as there are too many variables involved, so you will need to find the settings that suit you on a trial and error basis.

Alan