vector
« on: April 18, 2015, 02:38:45 AM »
something changed WOW

Offline Supchrgamx

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
Re: vector
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 03:36:58 AM »
any thoughts on how I can switch to 30 km/hr compliant from offroad on the fly ,since the controller doesn't have a a/b switch to have two different speeds, can you screw with the throttle input to achieve this or would gm entertain building a controller with that option, the offroad part is awesome

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »
I haven't tried it on the MP4 but I don't see why this shouldn't work:

The throttle signal wire might not be green on the MP4 so you'd have to make sure that you cut the correct wire coming from the hall sensor.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 11:06:21 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Ron

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 05:08:48 PM »
Another option would be to use a Cycle Analyst or CA.  The newer CA, version 3, is quite sophisticated and is a really useful tool even if all you do is hookup the shunt and only monitor your ebike.  The CA really shines once you have it control the throttle.  I've got my ebike to a point where I'm going to hook the CA to control my throttle.  There is a 3 position switch that you can make a voltage divider out of and have the CA control the power levels or enforce max speeds.  What I plan on doing is having the CA programmed with 3 different modes:

1. full throttle, just like you get from the factory
2. limit speed to 32km/hr
3. limit speed to walking speed

You can also change the throttle response and a lot of other things.  The CA can really be quite daunting in its complexity to start with but IMO in the end it will be worth it.  I know goldenmotor.ca carried the CA as that is where I got mine.  Gary has a page on the hookup process here: http://www.goldenmotor.ca/FAQ/questions.php?questionid=120

PS. I hope this makes sense as I had very little sleep before writing this :-)