Author Topic: Smart Pie 5 with Pas problems  (Read 3764 times)

Offline eGhostRider

• Confirmed
Smart Pie 5 with Pas problems
« on: May 29, 2016, 07:22:59 AM »
Hi community,
I upgraded my bike with a Smart Pie 5 including Blue tooth dongle. The bike has a thumb throttle and PAS. On the first rides both systems worked and I tried to optimize the setting parameters. Thema PAS stopped working, even with the settings I used before.
In some of the discussions I read that PAS is only working with a blue tooth connected smart phone with the apps. I bought a smart phone, installed the apps, got it connected - but PAS ist not working.
The new app version released last week offers to switch on and off with the smart phone. I can change the parameter and download them to the controller, only changing PAS from off to on is not working. It always returned to off position.
Does any one has some ideas?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Smart Pie 5 with Pas problems
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 11:33:34 AM »
Check the distance between the magnet ring and the sensor, as the gap needs to be as close as possible without actually touching.

I can change the parameter and download them to the controller, only changing PAS from off to on is not working. It always returned to off position.

Do you mean that all other settings are correctly accepted and stored except for the PAS?

I have just tried changing the PAS setting using the new app and it works fine with my controller. Have you tried restoring the controller parameters to default values to see if it makes any difference?

Alan

Offline eGhostRider

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:46:18 PM »
Hi Bikemad,

Yes the setting of the PAS is the only parameter that is flipping back. Thought it might be a problem in the Controller itself that there is the PAS parameter set fixed.
Do you mean restoring the software with the Smart phone? Since yesterday the new software program is automatically ending if it starts trying to connect with Blue tooth.

Franz

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 11:21:23 PM »
Hi Franz,

The centre icon resets the controller to default settings, but this won't help you if your app keeps closing before it connects.

Go to Application manager on your phone and try clearing the cache and data for the GM application. If it's still the same, I would uninstall the app and then reinstal the original GM app to see if it makes any difference, and if it's still the same, it might be worth trying another Android phone (if you have access to one) just in case it's a compatibility problem with the phone itself.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 04:33:37 PM by Bikemad »