Author Topic: New BAC-0282P controller has problem  (Read 11824 times)

Offline hardmouse

• Confirmed
Re: New BAC-0282P controller has problem
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:58 AM »
Thanks Alan & Dennis,
Yes, my electronic experience is poor :P Gladly learned a lot from you guys online. I did a quickly test to try to connect 12V battery with 24V motor through the controller and it runs. I am not sure if that means anything.
I will get a 30A fuse or higher tomorrow and see if it will die after I connect it:o
Beside, I am pretty sure the polarity is correct from my battery and controller. Unless they label it wrong ::)

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2012, 05:36:04 PM »
Please explain  exactly what you meant by "connect 12v battery ....and it runs".  You have me concerned, but I'm old an misunderstand things sometimes.

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline hardmouse

• Confirmed
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
Sorry for my bad English, here is the brief drawing:

Try left side setting to see if current flow over controller. The result is; that motor spins like half speed since the battery only 12V. (The motor is 24V 280W for e-scooter)

I got 30A fuse today which is not cheap from local store. So, before I burn that fuse. I wanna see if using larger Amp than previous attempt by using LED.

Now I am a bit worried because even I got a fuse to protect battery. That's BIG spark wasn't fun at all in my first experience.

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 06:44:57 PM »
That is what I was afraid I  thought you meant.  Your English is fine, by the way.

I am really concerned that the motor is turning.  That seems to me to be an indication that the controller is allowing a pretty good current flow, at least more than I would expect to be drawn by the logic circuits.    (And I have never seen a BAC-0282P and am totally ignorant of its specifics.)  Does it make any torque?  If it is in really good condition, a motor may turn under no load with very low current, but can't make any torque. 

I would not hook up the controller and 44V battery at this point.  As Alan pointed out, reverse polarity to the controller makes the FET diodes conduct, and by using your 24VDC motor as a load you are limiting the current to a reasonable value, and probably doing no harm.  But if you hook up that 44V battery, and it is the wrong polarity, there probably will be damage to the controller and battery as well.

You really need a voltmeter to be sure about the polarity.  I'm afraid for you. 

Can you show us how the 6Vbattery and LED were connected?  One side of the LED base normally is flattened to indicate how to hook it up.  Please note that in a drawing, if you can.  How bright was it? 

TTFN,
Dennis

Offline hardmouse

• Confirmed
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 05:06:42 AM »
Hi Dennis,
6V battery and LED connected the same way as I connect the motor. just replace the motor as LED and replace 12V battery to 6V. The LED is not bright but visually clear.

There's something interesting. I try to connect 7.2V, 12V NiMh battery to the controller. I don't see any spark and anywhere become hot. I don't know if that means any thing. By the way I got voltmeter. What should I do with it to determine and help this situation?

Offline Morgen 3Eman

• Confirmed
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
Regarding the LED, my question was about the polarity of the LED.  Where was the lead adjacent to the flat on the diode base connected?  Now that you have a voltmeter, it is of no concern. 

You need to confirm the polarity of the battery before you hook it to the controller.  You can do that by connecting the positive (Usually colored red) VM lead  (turn the voltmeter on and select DC voltage before connecting anything)  to the  marked positive  battery terminal, and the negative  (usually colored black) VM lead to the  marked negative terminal of the battery.  The displayed voltage should be positive, if the battery is correctly marked.  If it is, you should be OK to connect to the controller.  My concern was that the battery was mismarked, or rather, incorrectly wired when it was assembled, and the marked positive terminal is actually the negative voltage source.  I hope I'm wrong about the polarity, but I have read too many bad stories on this  site about such errors from the manufacturers. 

TTFN,
Dennis