Author Topic: 72V for 5Kw BLDC motor just randomly stop on full throttle  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Bak_Wan

• Confirmed
72V for 5Kw BLDC motor just randomly stop on full throttle
« on: August 09, 2022, 06:18:40 PM »
Hello. I'm from Indonesia and I'm working on electric bike.
I'm using vec500 with hall effect throttle.
My batteries configuration is 72V 20S16P with continuous current of 130A.

My problem is when I start to full throttle my motor suddenly stop and turn off, my vec configuration is like in the picture. I don't know what I'm missing here. Can anyone tell me?

Sorry for my bad english

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: 72V for 5Kw BLDC motor just randomly stop on full throttle
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Hi Bak_Wan andto the forum.

You haven't mentioned whether battery voltage is still present when the motor cuts out or whether any error codes are observed on the controller (a series of beeps or LED flashes).

The only things I can think of is is a faulty BMS, poor battery connection or the throttle signal voltage is exceeding the Throttle maximum allowed voltage (V) value which is typically set at ~4.0V.

If there are no error codes, measure the battery voltage at the controller to see if the battery power is being disconnected at full throttle. If the voltage across the B+ and B- controller terminals drops completely at full throttle, it could be a faulty BMS, or a poor connection on the battery cables breaking down under heavy load.

I would also check the tightness of the fuse terminal screws to ensure the connections are good.

You can also measure the Throttle signal voltage between the Green/White throttle signal wire and the Black/White Ground wire to see if it is exceeding the Throttle maximum allowed voltage (V) value when full throttle is applied.  ;)

Please don't apologise for your English as it is very good, and much better than my Indonesian would be because I only know a few Indonesian words like gecko, gong, orangutan and Komodo. ;)

Alan

Offline Bak_Wan

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 05:29:38 AM »
thanks Alan. I've already set my full throttle to 4v. now my problem is in certain speed the bike is suddenly off. when I check the battery voltage its still in 77V on multimeter. maybe I've got something wrong? I try to change some setting like this. is anything wrong?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:04:48 AM by Bak_Wan »

Offline Bak_Wan

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 09:45:50 AM »
For maximum throttle I've already checked and I got 3.7V at full throttle. But, in my setting I set the maximum to 4V