Author Topic: Boost mode PI-800 on VEC-300 controller  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Dave_MQ

• Confirmed
Boost mode PI-800 on VEC-300 controller
« on: April 17, 2022, 05:47:51 PM »
Hi, I found a Boost function setting (Boost mode) on goldenmotor programming software, PI-800. I was wondering, how do I enable it on the BLDC motor when using it, (or how does it even work?) because I don't found any pin corresponding with the boost function on the VEC-300 controller datasheet, and what is the difference between "Boost Mode" on Manual, and "Boost Mode" on Auto.

Any help or suggestions would be useful, thankyou.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Boost mode PI-800 on VEC-300 controller
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 10:27:30 PM »
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, the only documentation I could find regarding the Boost function was for a similar Lingbo controller, but the English translation of the instructions is very poor:
Boost function set:

The controller boost function can only be used to speed up the usage, transmit the need to meet,

And not connected to a switch, a press-and-run type; Thrust divided into manual and automatic mode;
Automatic mode
No wiring, when the controller detects when a vehicle belongs to reload or heavy acceleration, to
automatically increase;

1) Boost current:
increase current here refers to the bus current, by increasing the bus current increase as well

Speed performance, here is to increase the maximum charge current limitation. Not based on the
original limited flow
Increase (e.g. 72,252 limit 110A, boost is 180A, then after entering the boost is the original

Part 110A to 180A, 110A is not increased on the basis of 180A)

2) increase retention time:
increase the maximum holding time of 30 seconds, usually the standard 20 seconds, because 20
seconds
Basically no matter what time models have almost reached their top speed;

3) Charging interval:
90 seconds by default, refers to the next exit after entering the boost-boost interval;

As no pins/wires are allocated for this function on the VEC300, it would appear that the controller does not support manual operation of the Boost function.
Therefore, to utilise the Boost function (assuming it will actually work) you would need to set the Boost enable setting to 1:Enable and the Boost Mode setting to 1:Auto Mode.

I think the Boost setting should allow higher battery current (Boost Current) to be drawn under high loads but only for short periods (default Boost keeping time is 20 seconds) with a recovery time of at least 90 seconds between each activation (Boost interval time).

I cannot give any more advice than this as I do not have a VEC300 controller to test the effect of different Boost settings.

Alan

Offline Dave_MQ

• Confirmed
Re: Boost mode PI-800 on VEC-300 controller
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 04:57:27 AM »
Got it, thank you so much for looking into it, Alan ;D