Author Topic: Golden motor 108 problem  (Read 1344 times)

oded

Golden motor 108 problem
« on: February 08, 2022, 05:08:00 AM »
Installed a 1.5KW Golden motor (model 108) https://goldenmotor.bike/product/1500w-bldc-motor/ in a home built 48V rig.
tried 2 Votols (EM50S & EM150), and a Kelly KLS 7218N, but can not make these combos sync.
free spinning on a jack, works great, but once under load, the motor is cogging & stuttering, and already cost me 2 controllers (burnt them). battery is in great condition, capable of over 100 amps easily.

any ideas which controller fit this motor?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: Golden motor 108 problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 10:37:15 PM »
Hi Oded andto the forum.

I presume that the BAC-0501 controller would be suitable for the BLDC-108 motor:

Were the controllers that have already failed being subjected to extreme loads?
I'm wondering whether the motor was being overloaded or whether the controllers were simply not connected with the correct Hall sensor and Phase wire configuration.

There are 36 possible combinations of Hall Sensor and Phase wire connections, but only 3 will work correctly in one direction and three in the reverse direction.
An incorrect combination could easily damage the controller.

Alan

oded

Re: Golden motor 108 problem
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 06:41:26 AM »
Thanks Alan,

I tried all possible halls/phases combinations. the smoothest combination was also stuttering under load. both Votol EM50S and Kelly KLS controllers stopped working.

I am learning about this motor, and it seems that it does not function well with sine-wave controllers. perhaps that is the reason.

someone also suggested trying 12v to the halls instead of the usual 5v.