Author Topic: VEC 200 S1 programming interface to USB  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Barula

• Confirmed
VEC 200 S1 programming interface to USB
« on: January 10, 2022, 08:24:37 PM »
Hi Community, do you know if the S1 programing interface of the VEC controllers (PI-800) can be connected to a PC with a direct cabling of a usb connector? or only with the official GM cable available for purchase in their site?

best regards,

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
Re: VEC 200 S1 programming interface to USB
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:17:25 PM »
Hi andto the forum.

The USB plug on the GM USB programming cable contains an integrated circuit board populated with components that interfaces the standard USB signals with the controller's programmable chip.

Therefore, you cannot simply connect the four leads from a standard USB cable directly to the controller's programming port as this will not work.  ::)

Alan

Offline Barula

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 02:25:59 AM »
Thanks Alan, please help me with a follow up question, I want to show metrics from the controller/engine in a control display, is there any way to get data like temp, rpm and power draw from the controller?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 01:33:25 PM »
The GM EZoutboard motors have a Bluetooth App for both iOS and Android which allows various information to be displayed:

I presume there must be a Bluetooth dongle available that would plug into the controller's Programming port, similar to the one used for the GM hubmotors with the latest Vector controllers:

Perhaps an email to GM in China (sales@goldenmotor.com) or a question via LiveChat on their website would give you the information you require.

Alan

Offline Barula

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 02:24:57 AM »
Thanks