Author Topic: 5 kw Aircooled Goldenmotor more Power  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
5 kw Aircooled Goldenmotor more Power
« on: January 02, 2022, 07:02:05 PM »
Dear Friends

First I am sorry for my English is not so good, but I hope all can understand and next also Help. I have mount the 5Kw Engine on my Classic old Scooter. Accu is first for Test and recruiment Work a 48V with 40AH (see Attachment).
With the Transmission at Moment I come to 85kmh thats Ok. Here I Live in the Mountains goes the Street a lot Up and Down. For my Taste is the Engine a little bit weak. Go with a Run-Up in to the Mountain is the Power Ok. But for Stop and drive off so I think must come a little bit more. I know my Accu it not the Perfectly (but for fast Time can also this Accu give more Power) and later comes a better with more Power.

I try to set the individual values, but I cant. I can Write, than click on Upload an than comes allways the old Values.

Can me everybody say how I can set the values? or to optimize so that there is a little more power available? Rpm are 3826 measured with Device (85% from maximal 4500)

I tried to change without success:

Starting Phase Current A (from 15 to 25)
Battery drawn Current Limit A (from 110 to 150)
Forword Speed Ratio % (from 85 to 100)

At Attachment you see the Settings at Moment, I hope anybody can me Help and say whats the Problem or how I can correctly change this Settings a little bit?

Thanks for your Help

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
Re: 5 kw Aircooled Goldenmotor more Power
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 07:15:08 PM »
sorry cant Upload Photos.. Hope one can me say whats wrong?

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 11:05:28 PM »
Unfortunately, the Read and Save icons don't look much like a controller and are sometimes mistaken for the computer. Also, the arrow direction on the Load parameters from a saved file and the Save parameters to a file icons appear to be reversed:

Make sure you are clicking on the "Save parameters to controller (Download) icon" to save the parameters.

This should explain how to upload photos:

The easiest way to "add a picture in the discussion" is by simply attaching them at the very end of your posts, click the Additional Options... link and then the "Choose File" button and browse to the picture file on your computer.
Click (more attachments) to add up to 4 photos max:

To insert pictures in amongst a post, you must first upload the pictures to a suitable picture hosting site (I now use imgur.com) and then you can simply copy the IMG code and paste it into your post in the required position.
Images from websites that allow hotlinking can also be inserted by copying the direct URL for the image and pasting it within the "IMG" tags as shown in this example:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.goldenmotor.com/e-Bike-DIY/mpgallery/images/0037.jpg[/img]
The above code displays the image shown below.

The 1000KB file size limit may prevent high resolution images from being posted.
If the image is too big, you may have to reduce its size before you try to upload it.

Alan

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 07:47:10 PM »
pics upload goes not.. I try every day but allways the same Error :(((

the ebs brake pull next to nothing .. what can I do? when I pull the electric brake after 1 second only make peep peep.. but brake nothing....

and cant little bit higher the batterie drawn current limit.. has max. 110a.. would try 120a..

anybody can help?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:59:48 PM by Sas »

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 10:53:17 PM »
Make sure that the EBS enable setting is set to 1:Enable

If you are able to measure the battery voltage during regen at higher speed you should see it rise noticeably.
If the battery voltage is not rising when the brakes are applied, this can happen if Reverse has been permanently activated by connecting the Blue and White Reverse wire to Ground to make the motor run in the opposite direction.
If this has been done, you may have to change the motor's default direction of rotation by swapping the Blue and Yellow Phase wires and the Green and Yellow Hall sensor wires as described here.

If the voltage is rising above 55V when the brakes are applied, it could be that the battery is unable to accept the reverse current flow, or the battery voltage is simply rising too easily without loading the motor.
This may happen if you are using an old lead acid battery that can sometimes allow the voltage to rise with very little current flow.
As the regenerative braking effect is usually relative to current flow, a low current flow may not produce a very noticeable braking effect.

Were you able to change the settings successfully by using the Save Parameters Icon?

Alan

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 06:38:31 PM »
and how I can more powerfull ebs brake make? because I can push the brake handle but, brakepower is nothing.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 10:46:22 AM »
Make sure that the EBS enable setting is set to 1:Enable

If you are able to measure the battery voltage during regen at higher speed you should see it rise noticeably.
If the battery voltage is not rising when the brakes are applied, this can happen if Reverse has been permanently activated by connecting the Blue and White Reverse wire to Ground to make the motor run in the opposite direction.
If this has been done, you may have to change the motor's default direction of rotation by swapping the Blue and Yellow Phase wires and the Green and Yellow Hall sensor wires as described here.

If the voltage is rising above 55V when the brakes are applied, it could be that the battery is unable to accept the reverse current flow, or the battery voltage is simply rising too easily without loading the motor.
This may happen if you are using an old lead acid battery that can sometimes allow the voltage to rise with very little current flow.
As the regenerative braking effect is usually relative to current flow, a low current flow may not produce a very noticeable braking effect.

Were you able to change the settings successfully by using the Save Parameters Icon?

Alan

Please answer the following questions:
  • Is the EBS enable setting set to 1:Enable?
  • Has the Blue and White Reverse wire been connected (or switched) to Ground so that Reverse is now permanently engaged to drive the scooter forwards?
  • Does the battery voltage rise when the brakes are applied at speed?
  • Are you using old lead acid batteries or a newer type (e.g. lithium battery)?
  • Have you been able to save settings successfully?
  • Does the motor drive the rear wheel directly through a chain and sprockets, or does it drive it through a centrifugal clutch and gears/belts?
  • If you keep the brakes applied, how many regular beeps do you hear? (I would expect a series of 15 beeps.)

It's very difficult to help diagnose a problem if we are not given relevant information.

Regarding the picture uploading problem:

Quote from: Bikemad's personal message on 04 January 2022
Hi Sas,

I'm not sure what's going on but I cannot see your last empty post in the thread when I'm logged in but I can see it if I'm logged out.

Something is not right, so I have deleted the empty post so you can hopefully post again but do not try to upload any pictures.

If I can then see the post correctly I will try to add any pictures you send to me by email.

Please email the pictures to and I will try and find out why they are not uploading.

Regards,

Alan

I regularly check my Inbox (and have also checked my Junk Mail folder several times) but I still can't find any emails sent directly from you (with the exception of the email notifications of your personal messages sent via the forum).

If you are still unable to upload pictures, please send the pictures to my email address and I will try to upload them for you.

Alan

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 01:49:42 PM »
1. Enable yes
2. 15 peeps yes
3.drive with teetbelt and pulley
4.setting are safe

send you email in next hours, with all settings and picture from the accu

thanks

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 05:49:28 PM »
I have received the photos via email but I am also experiencing problems trying to attach them to this thread.

Alan

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 09:53:56 AM »
Yesterday, I asked GM China to update the forum software, which they have updated overnight while I was asleep.
Today, the update appears to have fixed the problem.  :D

I am attaching the remaining two photos to this post which seems to have worked correctly.

Hopefully you will now be able to upload photos yourself.

Alan

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:39:39 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 07:49:51 PM »
Hope Pictures are Ok 8)

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2022, 08:44:49 AM »
Picture from Accu

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 12:37:10 PM »
I see from your previous photos that the correct Phase wires and Hall Sensor wires appear to have already been transposed to allow the motor's default direction of rotation to be anticlockwise to suit your scooter, therefore it should not be a permanently engaged Reverse mode causing the lack of regen force.  ;)

I have also translated your battery pack (Accu) details for the benefit of others reading this thread:

Unfortunately, your battery pack's rated Maximum charging current (with the battery temperature above 10°C) is only 20A but your Reverse charging current (A) is set to 47A, which is too high for your battery:

The lack of regenerative braking force could be due to the battery's BMS preventing the regen current from reaching the battery.

You ideally need to check the voltage across the controller's battery terminals (B+ and B-) (when the brakes are applied at speed) to confirm whether regen voltage is being produced.
If the voltage at the controller noticeably rises, but there is no obvious braking force being applied by the regen, it may be that the BMS is preventing reverse voltage/current flow to the battery.
Measuring the voltage across the charge connector terminals during regen should confirm this if the charge connector voltage does not noticeably rise during high speed regen.

Are you able to spin the back wheel with the scooter on its stand to see if the rear wheel stops quicker when you apply the front brake with the throttle applied (or released), compared to just releasing the throttle?

It was also interesting to see that the 18650 cells in your battery can still be discharged even in temperatures as low as -20°C, albeit at a reduced discharge rate of 0.5C (1.25A/cell):)

Alan

Offline Sas

• Confirmed
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 07:58:26 AM »
now the autmatic brake have Power and is ok.. set is 400-600rps also the high brake +12v is efficient and have power. and work with the batterypack + rms

but the normal brake +5v is similar without brake..

i don't know whats the problem and the support from GM is Catastrophe...sell yes, support is asking too much ::)