Author Topic: Motor Maintenance  (Read 6755 times)

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
Motor Maintenance
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
Is there anything I can do to prolong the life of the motor?
Since it is brushless, I am assuming the only thing that will ever need changing is the barrings.
Where and how can I get these changed?

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Motor Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 05:53:02 PM »
Unless you have a dam gaged damaged (I hate spellers) or very old motor you are a very long way from needing bearing replacement. Draggin (pinging noise) did a bearing replacement or re-alignment with the help of a local machine shop or buddy and commented about keeping a standard 11mm... forgot the number bearing on hand.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:44:46 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:41:42 PM »
 Draggin said the bearings are #6202RS. We should write down all the numbers for repair/replacement parts on a separate post to make it easier to refer to for maintenance or crash damage repairs. :)   

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:57:04 AM »
I was thinking the same thing... it might be nice to have a complete list of alternate parts like using an Allegro 1201 to replace a Honeywell SS41 or maybe even a suitable replacement controller or components. If I'm somewhere I can access a computer then I usually send emails to myself with part numbers and all sort of other tid bits of info that can be easily sent to a folder when I get home.