Author Topic: Regenerative Controllers  (Read 5691 times)

Offline Werick

• Confirmed
Regenerative Controllers
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:46:39 PM »
Hi All:

I just noticed today that there are now 2 listings for the regenerative controllers. In the catalog selection. I originally thought it was a typo, but I noticed that there is a price difference between the two. What is the difference?

Thanks

Offline Electrobent

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
Re: Regenerative Controllers
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:16:30 AM »
I saw different voltage levels and ordered the 48 volt model because it said 1000W.

Now I am wondering if I will fry my 39.6V NiMH battery packs by trying to push too much back into them.

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:23:46 AM »
The difference is one controller is for 36 volt @ 800watt applications and other for 48 volt @ 1000w. More voltage and wattage = more speed and torque. The motor will run on either voltage. Each controller will have it's individual cutoff voltage to keep your electronics and battery packs from being damaged by a low voltage problem. The 36 volt cutoff is near 30 volts I know as mine has shut down at that point several times.  The 48volt will likely be in the 40-42v range somewhere so it will likely not run at all on a 36v pack or less than 40 volts.  That should answer both questions?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:40:55 AM by biohazardman »

Offline scd

• Confirmed
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:59:06 AM »
Does anybody know where I can find the electrical connectors for this controller?

Thanks,
Scott

Offline biohazardman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:15:57 AM »
Depends on where in the world we are if the connectors are available or not.  They are OK for the purpose they are used but as with many things you can do better.  You may want to use something a bit more moisture proof.  What type of connector used really makes no difference so long as it will support the amperage draw. Some have used these with good results. You might want to zip tie the male to the female to make sure they will not slip out. The subject has been discussed not to long ago in the first link info at the bottom.

http://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=280.msg2930#msg2930

http://wiringproducts.com/index1.html