Author Topic: Front Rack for bicycles  (Read 15860 times)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
Re: Front Rack for bicycles
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Male or female?  ;D

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 03:52:45 AM »
Okay,,,,

1. When we install electric motors we don't remove the pedals, gotta have some place to rest our feet. So technically we are riding a "human-powered" bike with electrical motor assist. Some of us just try do build them in a way that it performs in the opposite manner.

2. Batteries need racks too.

3. When some one looks at my bike and says "nice rack" my colloquial mind thinks, female. 

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 06:33:18 AM »
  We refer to cars or bikes as female, even in spanish there is a gender association with buildings and even furniture. So I think it is safe to refer to a "rack" as female although my corrupted since of humor takes the meaning to a whole different level.(as the prevois post suggest)
   Lane, some people have physical limitations and can no longer enjoy the the passion of cycling as they once did,(I have a heart condition and want more exercise) That is where the electric motor assist comes in. I personally welcome you here and hope enjoy the conversation here.   ;D
  P.S. As Dalecv stated, "batteries need racks too", that is why I approached you about a super duty rear rack that could hold over 100 pounds (36 to 60 lbs for batts plus cargo on side panniers)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 08:46:48 AM »
You can build a very strong rack using electrical conduit.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »
 I will need to locate an ARCO or mandrel bender to to a good job. I also noticed a closeout on bike asessories at amazom .com including rear racks and panniers.