Author Topic: New Here---be Gentle with Me LOL  (Read 12642 times)

Offline macbeth

New Here---be Gentle with Me LOL
« on: August 13, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »

I plan to mostly Lurk here, I do not have a Golden Island Machinery Hub Motor---> might get one to rip apart (I do stuff like that). Despite the rumors I am NOT an Electrical Engineer. I still electrocute myself and accidentally drip Solder on body parts on a regular basis (some think I am starting to enjoy it)...might be right.

I get maybe 4 emails or phone calls weekly since 2003 asking me about Golden Motors and now that there is this Forum I have a place to direct them to.

Joshua

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
Re: New Here---be Gentle with Me LOL
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 03:33:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum macbeth.

So do you own an e-bike or local bike shop?  I'm just wondering where/why you are getting so many calls about the goldenmotor product.

Oh, watch out for myelectricbike.  If you pet him nicely and offer food things will go well, but if you start barking he'll growl and maybe bite.  We've had him checked for rabies and the results came back negative ;D.  Internet bite wounds heal remarkably quickly.

I'm the self-appointed obsessive-compulsive lurker.  Looking to get a kit as next spring approaches.

-Mike

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 03:45:24 PM »
I would suggest wearing some clothes while working if you have tendency to drip solder on body parts.

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:17:12 PM »
 I also extend my welcome, We need some more electrical/electronic types on the forum to trick (tweek) the controller especially since the 36V has a 31.5v cutoff point. Maybe you could come up with a simple DIP switch or EEPROM that change the cutoff to lower level to accomodate other battery chemistries than the SLA variety. As for the solder thing, to each his own, but watch out the more sensitive areas. ;D

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
    • How to Build an Electric Bike
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »
With an intro like OneEye's what else can be said?  ;D So long as you don't drop any solder on me,  >:( or cause a Golden to remain unadopted or to be returned to the orphanage  :D then you'll probably be okay with me. (...also my therapist is not usually available during a crisis. ???) You are definitely forbidden to promote Chrystalytes on this forum!  ;D Otherwise welcome to the Golden Owners Forum! ...the place all of us are beginning to think of as our local corner ebike shop/yogurt bar and coin laundry hangout. ;D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:32:27 AM by myelectricbike »

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:36:27 AM »
 Hey, myelectricbike, could you please hand me the 12MM open end wrench and pass the Tide and the Clorox on your right hand side for my whites! (LOL)  ;D ;D ;D :)

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:49:49 AM »
Can't. ...busy cleaning up that container of chocolata-cherry yogurt that just slipped out of my hand.... :'(

Offline macbeth

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »
and I thought everyone knew me LOL

Been doing this e-motor stuff 15 strange years as a Distributor, Dealer and handle the Marketing side of Crystalyte.

Joshua

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 06:41:32 AM »
Actually since you have to have more money to buy a Crystalyte the economics are why most members are here. Build a better Chrystalyte at the same price and maybe then Golden will have something to fear. On the other hand Golden may be looking to greatly improve quality, refinements and capability at minimal increase in price which on the other hand might give Crystalyte something to fear. In either case it is a fact that a single person can be both a Golden and a Crystalyte owner and maybe even a Golden and Crystalyte dealer!

Offline Dalecv

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:42:45 PM »
I am one person who owns both. Hopefully that won't put me on the flame list.

Offline erdurbin

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
    • not so Common sense
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 03:54:53 PM »
I am one person who owns both. Hopefully that won't put me on the flame list.

Which one do you like better? be honest

Offline mustangman

• Confirmed
  • Bachelor of Magic
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »
  Why would you be on the "flame list", Can't a person own a Chevy and a Ford? In my book its all in the application, price and personal opinion.

Offline OneEye

• Confirmed
  • Master of Magic
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »
Own a Chevy and a Ford? :o 

In some households that would be considered heresy.

Offline myelectricbike

• PhD. Magic
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »
That's true even at the airport. If the rental car company or the local taxi does not believe in Chevy then, hey these here legs is good for somthin!  ;D

Offline pdonahue

• Confirmed
  • Magic Undergrad
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 07:02:16 PM »
I also extend my welcome, We need some more electrical/electronic types on the forum to trick (tweek) the controller especially since the 36V has a 31.5v cutoff point. Maybe you could come up with a simple DIP switch or EEPROM that change the cutoff to lower level to accomodate other battery chemistries than the SLA variety. As for the solder thing, to each his own, but watch out the more sensitive areas. ;D

I thought that was an old problem now   ;D :D