Author Topic: Magic Pie vector no connecting  (Read 5849 times)

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
Magic Pie vector no connecting
« on: April 03, 2015, 07:06:48 PM »
i'm trying to get my computer to connect but im not able to select the com number from the gm program and I have downloaded the most
recent 3.1.2. any ideas?

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
Re: Magic Pie vector no connecting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 07:25:08 PM »
the usb driver seemed to download ok. but still not com numbers in pull down menu?
and if I hit the connect button I get a a message fail to open serial port com0 9600??

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »
I should mention im using windows 7

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:51:26 PM »
I presume that you have already read the stickied topic entitled Programming the Vector Controller, but have you actually run the USB driver installation program or just downloaded it?

How to install the CH340 USB driver software

Make sure the USB lead is unplugged from the PC/laptop.

Copy the CH341SER.EXE program from your "Downloads" folder onto your desktop (or unpack it from the USB-Driver.rar file if you downloaded it from the GM website) and then double click the icon to run it and you should see the following screen:

Click the "INSTALL" button and wait for it to complete:

Click "OK" to exit the installation program and then open the Device Manager by clicking on the "Start" button and type Device Manager into the search box at the bottom:

Then press the "Enter" or "Return" key and the Device Manager window should open up:

Double click the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section to expand it:

Now plug the USB lead into a USB port and the Device Manager should eventually display the USB-SERIAL CH340 COM Port.
Make a note of the COM Port number (COM13) in this picture:

If everything has worked as shown above, you should be able to delete the CH341SER.EXE program from your desktop and then re-open the setting program and select the correct COM Port from the dropdown menu.

If the USB-SERIAL CH340 COM Port is not showing, you may have to unplug the USB lead and then restart Windows for it to detect the USB drivers.

After Windows has rebooted, open up the Device Manager window(as explained above) and then plug in the USB lead again and see if it is now recognised.

Hopefully this should have sorted your problem, but if it hasn't, please let me know which part of the instructions didn't work.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:25:30 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 12:44:17 AM »
ok I have no idea what seems to be going on. the driver loaded fine but when I connect the usb it comes up in device manager as a human interface device and I have nothing showing up under ports? I tried my older computer with windows xp and same thing the driver loads and
only shows up as an human interface device.

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:00:07 AM »
Ok after going through the forum page programming vector and watching the video for the tenth time... I realized I was sent the 10 usb
connector.

Offline Bikemad

• Global Moderator
  • Professor
  • PhD. Magic
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »
It might be worth trying the old software to see if it connects (You mustn't connect the battery with the old software).

If it then connects, you will have been sent the wrong motor (MPIII instead of MP4) as well as the the wrong programming lead.  ???

Hopefully it will just be the lead that will need to be swapped.

Alan

« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:23:43 PM by Bikemad »

Offline Mgizen

• Confirmed
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
Hey Bikemad I know from Gary's video the vector controller is all aluminum finish. Where the mp3 is painted with black lines on face. Ill double check. But from first ride it has no noise.Thanks for help and lets hope just the cable.